Would you buy one of these?

Thread Starter

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
377
My concern would not so much be that there's a disruption to the connected devices, but that I could get electrocuted if in contact with the water that was also in contact with any of the pins on the any of the plugs. If the water was "dirty" like almost any water is (rainwater for example) then I'm likely going to get a slap.

In fact one could possibly do the same test he does with any power strip and the devices would likely not be impacted.
 

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
12,217
hi
UK rating is IP68 for that type of equipment.

Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes. *Based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
 

Yaakov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
2,381
The product is probably better for outdoor casual use than a cheap poorly fitting power strip but it's not worth much more than an "normal" strip and it can't even handle polarized plugs.

But...

That review was just plain dumb and his delivery made me want to gnaw my own frontal lobe off.
 

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
5,876
The product is probably better for outdoor casual use than a cheap poorly fitting power strip but it's not worth much more than an "normal" strip and it can't even handle polarized plugs.

But...

That review was just plain dumb and his delivery made me want to gnaw my own frontal lobe off.
My wife overheard the video and said his voice "was just plain annoying".

So if I plug it into a GFCI protected outlet and spray it with tap water my guess is it will trip the GFCI. I guess I don't get where the magic is or what makes this strip special? Nope, I am not running out to get one.

Ron
 
Top