Wine bottle fridge repair help requested

Sineira

Joined Feb 12, 2023
I have a confusing issue with a Wine Enthusiast 24 bottle fridge. I have two FX-101 boards, one per zone. It also has a third board, RD091022-04G.
The unit stopped working, i.e. both boards, and the front LED displays were dead.
I checked the capacitors with an ESR meter, they were all bad or out of spec so I replaced them.
Now the unit works again but one of the zones is initially showing an incorrect temp on the front (75F).
As a result it is constantly cooling.
The real temperature is 54F at the NTC in the back. Is it likely the NTC is bad and how do I find a replacement?

MOD NOTE: Please don't hijack another member's thread. You now have your own.

Thread split from: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/success-stories-repair-thermoelectric-cooler.101748

Last edited by a moderator:

Sineira

Joined Feb 12, 2023
I have a confusing issue with a Wine Enthusiast 24 bottle fridge. I have two FX-101 boards, one per zone. It also has a third board, RD091022-04G.
The unit stopped working, i.e. both boards, and the front LED displays were dead.
I checked the capacitors with an ESR meter, they were all bad or out of spec so I replaced them.
Now the unit works again but one of the zones is initially showing an incorrect temp on the front (75F).
The real temperature is 54F at the NTC in the back. Is it likely the NTC is bad and how do I find a replacement?
I measured the two NTCs and they had similar values at similar temps, 15.8 and 16kOhm at 60F.
It turned out I had missed to replace one capacitor ... new and old look same.
The fridge is now working as it should again.

Sineira

Joined Feb 12, 2023

Hmmmmm, no it doesn't work. Once something heats up it shows 78F and is starting to permanently cool.
Ideas?
The NTCs both land on the RD091022-04G board.
Ideas?

Julianna

Joined Nov 4, 2023
The NTCs might be bad. Try replacing them with new ones.
The RD091022-04G board might be bad. Try replacing it with a new one.
There might be a loose connection between the NTCs and the RD091022-04G board. Try reseating the connections.

Sineira

Joined Feb 12, 2023
Are you responding to Juan-OMG on this thread or are you referring to your prior request for assistance?
Well both I guess. A response to "my" thread was moved to this thread.
The NTC connections aren't lose in my case. How do I figure out what the spec is of the NTCs and which one to buy?