Why doesn't the L298N motor driver module work? ..#2

Yousef Hail

Joined Dec 2, 2021
I tried it with 6 AA batteries instead of one 9v and everything works fine. Thanks for your help and ideas!
I have the same problem, I tried to connect the 6aa batteries in parallel resulting in 1.5V and 4.5A, still, the L298N driver won't work due to low voltage.. so I connected a power bank with 6aa batteries in series to have higher voltage to have 6.5V, however the driver will not rotate the motors. Am I missing something because I will go crazy...

Mod: Link to Old Thread.E
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...-motor-driver-module-work.158201/post-1374186

Last edited by a moderator:

Yousef Hail

Joined Dec 2, 2021
9V batteries have very poor current performance. It is just being pulled down by the load. If you have no other supply, you could try using more than on 9V battery in parallel, not series to increase the current capacity.
I have the same problem, I tried to connect the 6aa batteries in parallel resulting in 1.5V and 4.5A, still, the L298N driver won't work due to low voltage.. so I connected a power bank with 6aa batteries in series to have higher voltage to have 6.5V, however, the driver will not rotate the motors. Am I missing something because I will go crazy...