Who know who is Ted Mellem author of book "New Theory of Everything"

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
Hello,

I am just reading book "New theory of Everything" written by Ted Mellem. I am thrilled how simple and logical are the models of our Universe introduced by author. Te books is at a glance about simulation (on big computer) in integer numbers of "Quantum mechanics" and "Standard Model" and resulting from this assumptions consequences. I really would like to know who Ted Mellem is, but I wasn't able to find any results for such question. Maybe one of users of this forum know who Ted mellem is?

Thanks in advance and regards

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
I have no idea about the author, all I can see is obscure Polish references to the book. There's another author, of a similar named book John D. Barrow.
Hello,
I read the second book some time ago (this written by John D. Barrow.) - it is not the same. I am suspecting that "Ted Mellem" is author nickname - this is a pity because this book is very interesting. Last time I was so thrilled when read "New Kind of Science" by Stephen Wolfram. This book is somehow similiair (in presented ides), but the ideas are simpler and closely related to "quantum physics" rules.

BTW: after reading this book it seem to be likely (in my opinion) that author of this book has solid background in "quantum physics" and programming and also theory of information.
For example in this book is explained by mathematical equations the results of this experiment:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/03/060325232140.htm

Best regards

Last edited:

Rafalp

Joined Jan 25, 2022
Hello,

I am just reading book "New theory of Everything" written by Ted Mellem. I am thrilled how simple and logical are the models of our Universe introduced by author. Te books is at a glance about simulation (on big computer) in integer numbers of "Quantum mechanics" and "Standard Model" and resulting from this assumptions consequences. I really would like to know who Ted Mellem is, but I wasn't able to find any results for such question. Maybe one of users of this forum know who Ted mellem is?

Hi FlyingDutch

I am a publisher and all rights to the book owner, and yes I know the author, he spent almost 10 years writing that book and is looking for contact in order to discuss his findings, his real name is different and that is his first book, his grandson is a theoretical phisics student and he didn;t want to influence his career by this book. Anyway I am strugling right now to find competent translater for that masterpiece to english, it is really hard, looks like nobody from phisics world wish to take it due to some philosophical references of author. I can herby confirm author is not among "inteligent project" individuals, at least in a classical (magical) meaning, that is why publication was supported by very noble polish scientific publishing house (PWN) but still... My sugestion to the author as a publisher was to remove philosphical array of book and instead focus just on physics, so author has prepared 14 articles purely focused on physics and a bit extending book content, however in coherent and comprahensive way presenting its theory in full picture. Those articles are also waiting for translation and to be published right away. I am willing to pay a good money for translation work but looking for translation for almost 1 year brought to zero net results. Maybe you guys will be able to help out a bit? Polish to English, Help! Rafal

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi FlyingDutch

I am a publisher and all rights to the book owner, and yes I know the author, he spent almost 10 years writing that book and is looking for contact in order to discuss his findings, his real name is different and that is his first book, his grandson is a theoretical phisics student and he didn;t want to influence his career by this book. Anyway I am strugling right now to find competent translater for that masterpiece to english, it is really hard, looks like nobody from phisics world wish to take it due to some philosophical references of author. I can herby confirm author is not among "inteligent project" individuals, at least in a classical (magical) meaning, that is why publication was supported by very noble polish scientific publishing house (PWN) but still... My sugestion to the author as a publisher was to remove philosphical array of book and instead focus just on physics, so author has prepared 14 articles purely focused on physics and a bit extending book content, however in coherent and comprahensive way presenting its theory in full picture. Those articles are also waiting for translation and to be published right away. I am willing to pay a good money for translation work but looking for translation for almost 1 year brought to zero net results. Maybe you guys will be able to help out a bit? Polish to English, Help! Rafal
You have got to be pulling my leg here. Do you really expect to be taken seriously?

Rafalp

Joined Jan 25, 2022
What do you think that is? Looks like a text file you could create in a text editor. Not anything I recognize.
This is orginal LaTeX title page, if you will ever publish something nowadays you will use that one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX
If you will retype in LateX ediotor what I have posted then you will see a title page as per comercial pdf file of the book. I really do not know what you need to see, a publisher agreement or what? Attached orginal ISBN numbers of the TM books published from my publisher ISBN account

Attachments

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This is [[the]original] LaTeX title page, if you will ever publish something nowadays you will use that one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX
If you will retype in LateX [editor] what I have posted then you will see a title page as per [commercial] pdf file of the book. I really do not know what you need to see, a publisher agreement or what?
I guess anybody with a computer and a laser printer can call themselves a publisher. You really ought to try using a spell checker. Making a post with misspelled words is NOT projecting a positive image.

Rafalp

Joined Jan 25, 2022
I guess anybody with a computer and a laser printer can call themselves a publisher. You really ought to try using a spell checker. Making a post with misspelled words is NOT projecting a positive image.
I am looking for a translator of the book as I have said, I am a polish publisher and I do not know english, looking forward to your polish writing to me samotny człowieku, który ma za dużo czasu. and btw this is not a post about that neither spell checking or post authors verification please log out from that thread if you have nothing to add. TM had a reason to place it with myself and that is sufficient to me. The rest is up to life.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You came here to try to score some points for yourself and your client. I think we have some information that we did not previously posses. I'll let the TS have the final conclusion.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello,

@FlyingDutch if you are reading "the book" now, why is @Rafalp looking for a translator to render the work in English? Are you reading it in the original Polish?

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
Hi FlyingDutch

I am a publisher and all rights to the book owner, and yes I know the author, he spent almost 10 years writing that book and is
lThose articles are also waiting for translation and to be published right away. I am willing to pay a good money for translation work but looking for translation for almost 1 year brought to zero net results. Maybe you guys will be able to help out a bit? Polish to English, Help! Rafal
Hello Rafal,

I think that it is next to impossible to translate this book to English by using software translator by the reason that it is full of maths.The same issue if you are looking for human translator - it has to be scientist with big background in physics and maths and fluent in English language. Such translation is difficult and big task. I wish you to find such human translator because this book is worth to be translated to English.

Best regards

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
You came here to try to score some points for yourself and your client. I think we have some information that we did not previously posses. I'll let the TS have the final conclusion.
Hi Papabravo,

I think you are a bit prejudge. The "PWN" is most noble scientific publishing house in Poland (translation of PWN means "National Scientific Publishig House") - they brig out only valuable scientific books. In the past (many years ago) when I was learning programinng most of my textbooks were from PWN (for example such titles translation to Polish: "The C Programming Language" by Kerningan and Ritchie, "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup). I understand that you might think that this book is not valuable (because we don't know the author), but I am sure that you would change your mind after reading this book (it is rather difficult because of using high math - differential calculus and calculus). This book is very strict and thera are many
equations (also differential equations) together with their solutions. This is the reason why it is difficult to find a translator for such book.

Best Regards

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
@FlyingDutch if you are reading "the book" now, why is @Rafalp looking for a translator to render the work in English? Are you reading it in the original Polish?
Papabravo,
yes I read this book in Polish (I bought the EBook from PWN). Reading take me log time because I had to brush up my math (especially differential and calculus), because I don't use it lately intensively. The book is difficult, but afer spending some time and understanding introduced ideas in my opiion it is exploratory.

BTW: I am ataching short fragment of this book (five pages) in order to others users of forum can take a look at style in which it is written - see pdf file:
This fragment is in original Polish language. I hope that this not be perceived as Copyright infringement.

Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited: