Which SMT Led I have to use in this proyect?

LucasSaavedra

Joined Feb 1, 2017
Hi, how are you ?
I am working in a proyect where I have to make a Up row and Cross like there is in the next photo:

I wanted to do it with SMD components. And the question is, which Led I have to use? I know that there are differentes packages and differents light intensity between them and I need to know which is the best for this work.

LucasSaavedra

Joined Feb 1, 2017
There is no, "best". Just use ordinary LEDs in surface mount packages. Choose a color, choose some LEDs, install them.
http://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Lighting/LED-Emitters/Standard-LEDs-SMD/_/N-b1bb1/
Yes, I know. But the packages give different light intensity and I need one that make possible see the row or cross without problems. Think that this goes above a little black window.

Which package is the best option for something like this.

Sorry for my english, really.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I need one that make possible see the row or cross without problems.
A person can see any LED that is lit if they are inside a building. You have offered no numbers for the brightness you want and no description of where the display will be, therefore I have no numbers for which one to buy. You have choices from 0.16 milli-candela which is (1/6000th of a candle brightness) up to 41 candles worth of brightness in a tiny little spot about a millimeter square. I would guess about 1000 milli-candelas. That is the brightness of one candle in a square millimeter. Then you can make it dimmer by supplying less current if you want to.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
This is something YOU need to choose based on the details of YOUR application..
Based on the information you have given so far ANY LED will work.. (Because you haven't given ANY details)

Do you have a standard for "illumination" that you must follow where it may state the light must be visible from X distance and Y degrees off center or must provide 100 lumens or something?

In reality it might be best to buy a couple and do some real field trials or tests in your lab to see what will work for YOUR application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L General Electronics Chat 9
I Homework Help 1