Where to purchase capacitor?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Depends on the manufacturer and do they provide AC motor rated capacitors, the N.A. run caps I use I don't recall a failure.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
And, yet, the 350 volt unit failed...
Incidentally for the past few decades many purchasers of imported small machines of Chinese origin that have a 1ph induction motor spindle usually have a capacitor failure withing a year or two of operation.
Something to do with the seeming inability for them to manufacture a AC rated start capacitors.
Max.

Last edited:

lindylex

Joined Jul 22, 2016
I received the c
If the original was rated for 300VAC, and it failed, 250VAC is most likely going to fail sooner.

I'd use this, instead.
I ordered this capacitor and it has a red and black wire. I have attached a photo of the current fan and capacitor. Which wire is the red and black on the old fan setup? I will cut them and attach the new capacitor.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The leads of the new one wire the same as the old one, colour does not matter, there is no polarity to the AC motor cap.
As long as it is a AC motor type.
Max.

lindylex

Joined Jul 22, 2016
I replaced the capacitor and that did not change anything. I decide to look at the thermal capacitor. I bypassed it and I get a low buzz from the motor but it does not spin the fan. It sounds like it is try to turn but nothing. I cleaned and oiled it. It seems like it does not have enough power to turn.

Any advise?