Where can these sockets be bought from?

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I'm repairing a temperature controlled soldering iron, and found the socket in the unit has a broken pin, but where can I get one please?
Cheers, Camerart

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi C,
This is the closest match I can find, your image is not clear.
E
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001314183974.html
The pin spacing on the original appears to be standard DIN, but there is an internal locking thread. It would be helpful to see the mating plug to understand how it is used. I can find a variety of sockets that had some kind of thread but it is not clear if they are needed or how.

It might be possible to swap the plug for a new sort of lock, like the one used by Hakko irons that is otherwise standard. It is also possible that a non-DIN connector set could be used, like the "aviation" connectors that are common on some irons.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi E and Y,
I also found that socket, but the 5xpins are at the bottom 180° where this socket is more 360°, thanks.
Here's a clearer image.
I think a 6xpin with a pin in the middle would be ok, as I can cut it off.
This socket has tabs for the PCB, but I can add wires if not.
C.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
5 pin 270° connectors are much harder to find. It really seems like replacing it with something more common would be the most sensible route.

You've tried the manufacturer of the station for spares, right?

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
5 pin 270° connectors are much harder to find. It really seems like replacing it with something more common would be the most sensible route.

You've tried the manufacturer of the station for spares, right?
Hi Y,
The station is not mine, and my mate says the soldering iron fits other units, and he was going to throw the unit away.

My station iron has the same fitting!

I have another iron, which I can solder directly into the unit.

Anyway I think we've all spent enough time on this, thanks all.
C