What "settings" to get 10V/m electrical field?

Thomasx

Joined Mar 14, 2019
In preparation of EMC compliance test, I wonder, if I want to apply a 10V/m electrical field of a 100MHz signal to an EUT, how do I calculate what settings to use for the signal generator, and what amplification to use, given a certain antenna, and what specs of the antenna goes into the calculation.

As you may have figured out, I'm relatively new to this, so please bear with me with any "strange" questions ;)

Thanks!

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

You are going to have a lot of trouble doing anything useful for EMC compliance testing without very specialized equipment. Even full compliance laboratories have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to even approach the ±4% error budget provided by the regulations.

This article might help.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I worked for a company making radio equipment and we didn't even attempt to do such things. We sent them to a local (ish) British Standards Testing company.

Thomasx

Joined Mar 14, 2019
It's sad to see you focus on such preconceptions instead of responding to the actual question asked.

For your information we've already done quite a bit of work in our relatively simple lab that has helped a lot in preparing for formal tests.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It's sad to see you focus on such preconceptions instead of responding to the actual question asked.

For your information we've already done quite a bit of work in our relatively simple lab that has helped a lot in preparing for formal tests.
Then you know more than I do, it seems. I guess I can‘t help you. I was fooled by your question being so naïve.