What kind of circuit is this?

jacob_c

Joined Oct 13, 2020
This is for my design project. Prof said it's a tracking circuit but I cannot get any information about it.

I already googled for 'tracking circuit' but nothing meaningful article has been found.

Can you give me some source that can help me to analyze it?

Attachments

peterdeco

Joined Oct 8, 2019
The diodes are in a bridge rectifier configuration. There are 2 connections for AC in and 2 for rectified DC out. I don't understand the meaning of the labels on these connections.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
That's known as a diode limiter circuit. Provided the diode forward voltage drops are all the same, Vout will track Vin so long as -3V < Vin < +3V. If Vin exceeds these limit, Vout will simply stay at either +3V or -3V. If the Idc current sources were switched on for a brief time and then switched off again the circuit would function as a sampler/limiter, with Vout disconnected from Vin except during the sampling period.

The diodes are in a bridge rectifier configuration. There are 2 connections for AC in and 2 for rectified DC out. I don't understand the meaning of the labels on these connections.
Just because the diodes are connected the same way they are in a bridge rectifier, doesn't mean they're a bridge rectifier. Rectification has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose or operation of this circuit.