What Is your Goal

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
“If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door- or i'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.” Tagore

p.s. no goals, rather make plans or dream dreams...

I am officially no longer a student and am now unemployed ;) I did a technology diploma. In Canada there are jobs, but not where I am, so will likely have to move. I am going to spend some time trying to find a job here, then try other areas. At the moment need any job due to a loan. Will see what happens. Might end up doing masters in a few years, who knows.
If I had the means I'd be in school right now myself. Best time is right now because theres no jobs.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Mine is to live a good life,speak my opinion. I often wonder how many people online

realize any goals or dreams. It seems to me that the big goal is far away ,like the

Facebook IPO ,people have questions about the facebook goal and the people that

have pages on it. No goal,just for showing off to friends.A reason to see your picture

on the Internet. Riaff,Bmorse,Joey are among the few that show some sort of sucess

in these times. It's for sure that there are the silent sucess positions on this Forum.

My point is do you have a goal,more than a job. There seems to be project goals.

I want to feel that the Forum is developing $150,000 + goals that will happen not

just talk about them,until then the recovery will be stalled. Engineers are like ghost ,

you don't see them,they only make a few stops to a project and you don't know who

they are. How many Grad's do we have this month, are there jobs out there for you.
I'm having a blast teaching electronics and writing about electronics. I will have a MAJOR book coming out early next year, "Radio Science for the Radio Amateur" to be published by ARRL. It was a joy to put this book together. The only thing that would make things better would be to be able to quit my 'day job" and write uninterrupted. :)

Eric

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ eric ,why don't you edit my post, include a short story on electronic goals.

Give Loosewire a mention then post your paragraft here.You can do it,that

what it all about. Loosewire quotes may get you enough reader's to quit

your day job, have some humor in your books. There was a ham operator

on air and doing a midnight radio show,with call in's from operators and

peolple calling in to learn how. He had good sponsors for twenty years.

Try to find his name in Hollywood ,fla.He has passed ,maybe. I will try

to find his name.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
If I had the means I'd be in school right now myself. Best time is right now because theres no jobs.
That is true. I would have liked to stretch mine to a degree but have to weigh out pros and cons... Will see how this goes.

p.s. I see jobs for software developers all the time.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
That is true. I would have liked to stretch mine to a degree but have to weigh out pros and cons... Will see how this goes.

p.s. I see jobs for software developers all the time.
Lots of these are iffy. Many lowballers that think they can get a $20,000 job done for $500 because so many people are out of work. I personally will not work for under a specific amount using certain skills. I'd rather just flip burgers o r deliver pizza's and make the same money and not have the head ache.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Lots of these are iffy. Many lowballers that think they can get a $20,000 job done for $500 because so many people are out of work. I personally will not work for under a specific amount using certain skills. I'd rather just flip burgers o r deliver pizza's and make the same money and not have the head ache.
Plus you're probably competing globally, with people who consider 500$/week a great salary.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Loosewire attended a graduation,they had all immigrants to stand up and all

rotc's to stand up, then announced that all of these students were inline

for citizenship program. There college paid for by the government ,the other

grad's an average $50,000.00 t0 60,000.00 with loans.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Goals: 1) To be happy/content with whomever or whatever situation I'm in; 2) To be a positive influence in the lives of those I am involved with; 3) To realize the right time to retire from the classroom--not too soon and not too late; 4) To be able to put aside the negatives in life and "make lemonade"; 5) To appreciate others and their uniqueness; 6) to finish the details in my little 10 acre paradise. I know this sounds REALLY sappy (and almost makes me sound NICE--heaven forbid), but I'm a week out of the school year so I'm as mellow as it gets!!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Loosewire attended a graduation,they had all immigrants to stand up and all

rotc's to stand up, then announced that all of these students were inline

for citizenship program. There college paid for by the government ,the other

grad's an average $50,000.00 t0 60,000.00 with loans.
50k-60k in loans? May if you goto community college. A real university will run you around $100k-$300k. I researched it and all my siblings are paying off their loans. My bros' 38 and still paying monthly. My sister in law just finished paying hers off at 39. Cousins are wealthy so they flunked out of US universities and went abroad to get their degree's. I guess money is more important with the offshore schools then actual learning. One went to Amsterdam, the other went somewhere in S. America. And amazingly both have killer to die for jobs their totally unqualified for.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I started this post,looking for the most..I have been a bad host.

So what the heck,I have been thinking about that peck.

Everyone won't understand what makes a person act that way.

Well that a story for another day,so I will be nice If I may.

Loosewire tough thru and thru and thru and thru.

With these words that will have to do for this nice day.

I think this is the best way,I have nothing else to say.

I will wait for another day,my goal to end this in a nice way.

Loosewire

Last edited:

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
10 acres sounds nice. Have you ever considered going off-grid?
It wouldn't make a lot of sense for me for several reasons: 1) my cooktop, hotwater heater, and furnace are all propane so I use very little electric. 2) our rural electrical coop is very inexpensive compared to area cities (ameron ue--very evil company). 3) I have the choice to purchase "green" electricity from my coop for slightly higher rates. 4) my coop provides excellent service and is very civic minded. I'll have to take some pics and post them of my slice of heaven.