what is this?

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
was going to look up the link but all my desktop icons disappeared.

hope its not contagious

and i think nearly everyone knows a hammer is for hitting nails into a fence.

don't throw away the ones that have the points at the wrong end, they are for the OTHER side of the fence

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
In UK dustmen are what you call trash collectors in US. Maybe Ash Carter should be given another title Dr. Sorry I meant Tr.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This seems to explain the Indian Physician (D.O.) my insurance company randomly assigned to me. He couldn't measure the distance from the floor to each of my hips after I gave him a tape measure, a pencil, a roll of masking tape, a spirit level, and told him my left leg was longer than my right by an amount of one inch.

Given the answer, 3 methods with which to measure, and a pencil to work out any necessary math, he could neither confirm nor deny the measurements of a physician who did these measurements two days previously. I could have offered him 5 years and 1800 questions to figure out the answer, but I don't think it would have helped.

I fired the Indian Physician, went back to the wooden leg store, told them they ordered the wrong foot, and obtained the correct parts in about 10 days.

Sometimes the only way to get a job done is to do it yourself, especially if you don't want to wait 5 years for the answer.
That includes learning how to use Google to search for things like, "soldering gun", or "hammer", or, "cow".

I shall now resume replacing the Garbage Disposer in my kitchen. Fortunately, I already know the meaning of words like, "screwdriver" and, "pipe" so this will be finished in a lot less than 5 years.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This seems to explain the Indian Physician (D.O.) my insurance company randomly assigned to me. He couldn't measure the distance from the floor to each of my hips after I gave him a tape measure, a pencil, a roll of masking tape, a spirit level, and told him my left leg was longer than my right by an amount of one inch.

Given the answer, 3 methods with which to measure, and a pencil to work out any necessary math, he could neither confirm nor deny the measurements of a physician who did these measurements two days previously. I could have offered him 5 years and 1800 questions to figure out the answer, but I don't think it would have helped.

I fired the Indian Physician, went back to the wooden leg store, told them they ordered the wrong foot, and obtained the correct parts in about 10 days.

Sometimes the only way to get a job done is to do it yourself, especially if you don't want to wait 5 years for the answer.
That includes learning how to use Google to search for things like, "soldering gun", or "hammer", or, "cow".

I shall now resume replacing the Garbage Disposer in my kitchen. Fortunately, I already know the meaning of words like, "screwdriver" and, "pipe" so this will be finished in a lot less than 5 years.
we learn all types of things in the this forum. No I know #12 has an artificial limb. Who do would of thunk it.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
The soldering gun isn't used much today in electronics. It is generally too hot for PCB work. Back in the vacuum tube era it was very handy because it went from cold to hot in a few seconds.
By "soldering gun" I usually take to mean one of those with a big heavy transformer in the handle/body.

The element/tip being a hairpin shaped loop of copper with a lot of AC flowing through it, can induce destructive currents in low impedance circuits.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I like your avatar, too @spinnaker

ps, The new Garbage Disposer is finished being installed. I replaced this one some years ago and used all the right parts, so I set a new personal record with this installation: 35 minutes.:) I just love a day when things go well! You can't really say a leaky garbage disposer is a good day, but fixing a water leak in 35 minutes is almost the definition of a good day.:p