What is This?! It looks modified

playdead9363

Joined Mar 16, 2017
Welcome to AAC.
I see no obvious modifiaftwrcations. Can you annotate the area you suspect may be modified?
The three areas I circled in read were done by a different hand. Less steady one. And I have proof that the board was moved about and that the 2 wires that were attached to blue thinger bobber were moved about as well and the rod they were wrapped to was completely repositioned

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
On the track side of the board, the surface mount components were machine placed and flow soldered, so those joints look neat and tidy. The joints you circled are for the through hole components placed on the other side of the board and they were hand soldered so don't look so good.
The three 'what is this' items, from left to right: a buzzer; not sure about this one, but I think it's a thermistor; and finally the blue oblong is a 6.8nF film capacitor and the silver tube is a quartz crystal.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think it is probably part of a timer (Possibly a kitchen timer.) It could also be an alarm clock. From the row of gold pads I suspect it had an LCD display connected to it by a conductive plastic connector.

Les.

playdead9363

Joined Mar 16, 2017
On the track side of the board, the surface mount components were machine placed and flow soldered, so those joints look neat and tidy. The joints you circled are for the through hole components placed on the other side of the board and they were hand soldered so don't look so good.
The three 'what is this' items, from left to right: a buzzer; not sure about this one, but I think it's a thermistor; and finally the blue oblong is a 6.8nF film capacitor and the silver tube is a quartz crystal.
Could the middle one be temp senser

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
We might have some better guesses if you might disclose where you got this board and what the unit containing it does.

I'm also curious what the unspoken proof of modification would be.