What is this component called

aadhy

Joined Apr 18, 2019
I am a graduate Aerospace Engineering student. I need to wire a pneumatic actuator's controller and a magnetic position sensor for a small part of my research. I received a connection diagram from the company making the controller, and there is a relevant video showing the procedure on YouTube. Since I, unfortunately, don't remember anything from my electrical course years ago, I don't know what a particular component in the video is called. The connection diagram says PLC, but there does not seem to be any 'PLC' in the form I am vaguely familiar with, nor is there any programming involved in the video.

Video -
(from 0:05)
What is that device in the center called? It just seems to transfer i/p-o/p

I have also attached the connection diagram I received.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Enfield calls it a "Cylinder Positioning System" . Generically, one might call it a proportioning valve. I didn't listen to the whole 9+ minutes. Is it digital or analog? Depending on which, you might add/substitute that in the generic description. As there is a distinction between pneumatic and hydraulic systems, you might also add that distinction like Enfield does.

upload_2019-4-18_15-41-46.png

BTW, those YouTube pictures change. Which center picture are you referring to?

aadhy

Joined Apr 18, 2019
Enfield calls it a "Cylinder Positioning System" . Generically, one might call it a proportioning valve. I didn't listen to the whole 9+ minutes. Is it digital or analog? Depending on which, you might add/substitute that in the generic description. As there is a distinction between pneumatic and hydraulic systems, you might also add that distinction like Enfield does.

View attachment 175266

BTW, those YouTube pictures change. Which center picture are you referring to?
Hello, thanks for answering!
The purpose of the video was just to show that picture, you can pause it at 0:05. The right half of the screen on the video, there is a component into which all wires go (freeze at 3:45, for example). It is the component with the actuator on the left and the black (controller) and blue (power supply) on the right. I would just like to know what that's called so I can buy it and follow the video as is.

mvas

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Hello, thanks for answering!
The purpose of the video was just to show that picture, you can pause it at 0:05. The right half of the screen on the video, there is a component into which all wires go (freeze at 3:45, for example). It is the component with the actuator on the left and the black (controller) and blue (power supply) on the right. I would just like to know what that's called so I can buy it and follow the video as is.
Power Distribution Terminal Blocks mounted on a DIN Rail ( like this ) ...
https://www.ebay.com/p/Power-Distri...ctor-DIN-Rail-Dinkle-8awg-50a-600v/1751530531