What is the relationship between frequency and voltage?

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by dante_clericuzzio, Sep 15, 2017.

1. dante_clericuzzio

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    I would like to know if the frequency and voltage is linear or something else depending on its application. Because i saw one circuit from the texas instrument when the voltage goes up the frequency is low otherwise if the voltage goes down the frequency goes up..i forgot where was that circuit but its RF amplification circuit

2. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Frequency and voltage are related by whatever network the signal is going through.
    For example, a a low-pass filter will give a drop in output voltage with frequency above the filter's corner frequency.

The term "linearity" does not apply to frequency or voltage by themselves.
    Linearity only applies to the relation between the two (or between any two variables).

3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Or to restate, there is no fundamental relationship between frequency and voltage.

dante_clericuzzio likes this.
  4. BR-549

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 22, 2013
    Voltage is a snapshot of force. Frequency is the movie of force.

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

You could be talking about a VCO (Voltage Contolled Oscilator).
    In a VCO there is a relation between voltage and frequency.

Bertus

dante_clericuzzio likes this.
  6. dante_clericuzzio

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Yes something like the VCO -- there is that in Texas instrument schematic that shows the lower the voltage the higher the frequency but of course there is a limit point how low it should go otherwise the higher the voltage the lower the frequency.