What is the Point of this FFC Connector?

Max Holdcroft

Joined May 12, 2024
Hey all,
I'm looking at the datasheet for the ISP1507, specifically the reference designs section, and I'm struggling to understand why this FFC connector is here and what it does. From my understanding FFC is flexible flat cable, so I don't understand why this schematic would be using it or where it connects to. I've included a screenshot for reference.
Thanks for your help!
Max :)

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

Max Holdcroft

Joined May 12, 2024
Why don't you post the entire document?

https://www.insightsip.com/fichiers_insightsip/pdf/ble/ISP1507/isp_ble_DS1507.pdf

The ISP1507 has to be mounted to a circuit board. After you have done that, how do you make connections to the pins?
What is being shown are typical connections to power and program the chip on a prototyping board (test board).

https://www.insightsip.com/fichiers_insightsip/pdf/ble/ISP1507/isp_ble_AN201101.pdf
I was under the assumption that once the chip had been flashed with the development board you wouldn't really need to change the program or access the SWD pins?

Max Holdcroft

Joined May 12, 2024
I don't know of anyone who can program a complex chip and not have to make changes later.
Ok, that makes more sense, thank you! I just have one more question about the schematic. Why does the FFC connecter connect to the GPIO pin PO_03? What's the point of this?

Max Holdcroft

Joined May 12, 2024
typical ICSP uses 2 pins for power, 2 pins for clock and data and one pin for reset.
may be the same here....
But from what I can see from the schematic, they only have the clock and data pins and one more. Is this the reset pin? Are the two ground pins the power pins.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
you were already asked to post entire document but you ignore that. you are not being cooperative.

sorry but i cannot do anything with crumbs you provided.
you never shared link to "datasheet" that you are referring to and the "schematics" is a small part of something larger that only gives me a tunnel vision.

it is easier and more fun to follow this:
1716815036844.png

Last edited: