What is the most famous Program for designing PCB ?

Yousef Musawa

Joined Sep 16, 2016
Hi Engineers

I used to use workbench Program to design simple Parallel and Series circuits during collages days.

Now I want to build a new production line in the factory where I work in.
In this production line I want to manufacture some simple lights drivers ( Converter from AC 220v to DC 6 - 8 - 12 - 15 - 20v ) on PCBs

So I go this Question : what is the best and simple Program for design PCB ?
What is the most famous Program for designing PCB ?

thank you

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC
Each and every one of use different ones, for us they are the best Cause we get use to them and learn what we use, and learning anything else takes time.
Best one's I believe a pricey. So free ones does the job we need and some of us, use less pricey ones. They can get the job done. for example, I use Eagle. It's cheap and I can do what ever I want. Supports multiple layer PCB's too. it can generate all the files that a PCB fabricator needs to make the PCB exactly how I want it. So for me it is the best. I do not have to use anything else to design a PCB.
Try Google and see it for urself.
Choose one and learn it.
There are simpler ones than Eagle like PCB express.
Better ones require a bit more learning curve.

PS. Designing something with 220V SMPS is just too much for a beginner.
But if you got money who am I to argue..

Yousef Musawa

Joined Sep 16, 2016
Welcome to AAC
Each and every one of use different ones, for us they are the best Cause we get use to them and learn what we use, and learning anything else takes time.
Best one's I believe a pricey. So free ones does the job we need and some of us, use less pricey ones. They can get the job done. for example, I use Eagle. It's cheap and I can do what ever I want. Supports multiple layer PCB's too. it can generate all the files that a PCB fabricator needs to make the PCB exactly how I want it. So for me it is the best. I do not have to use anything else to design a PCB.
Try Google and see it for urself.
Choose one and learn it.
There are simpler ones than Eagle like PCB express.
Better ones require a bit more learning curve.

PS. Designing something with 220V SMPS is just too much for a beginner.
But if you got money who am I to argue..
Thank you very Much
Really your words touch the points which I was looking for.
Thank you for welcoming me
Thank you for advice

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Altium, Cadence, and Mentor Graphics would probably be 3 of the "top" circuit design companies used by the "big" companies..

Robin66

Joined Jan 5, 2016
I second this. I tried a few recently and settled on KiCad for a variety of reasons. It's very powerful, there's a big online community, it's still developed, and it ties together schematic and pcb layout.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes, KiCad is free and available for a lot of systems.
If using XP you have to use the older/previous build, the latest runs on Win7/10. They are very close, at least the schematic capture is. I found the older CvPcb (components to Modules) a little nicer, but not a big issue.
Also it is now sponsored by Cern.
Max.