What is the Faraday disc theory now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is a possibility - he may be among the nameless prisoners in Gitmo. Good thing we acted as if something as simple as that actually was impossible, or "they" would have made us disappear.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
When I was 8 years old, my father bought a very impressive looking humidifer for our house. It was a large console about the size of an end-table. We would roll it over to the sink, fill it up with water and set then controls to obtain nice humid air, while the fireplace burned in the cold dry New England winters.

When I was 12 years old, I showed the fancy looking console to my friend, who was an 11 year old boy living across the street. However, I told him that is was a money making machine. I had dollar bills and quarters hidden, and I would turn the controls and the money would magically appear. I told him not to tell anyone about it, and for many months he was convinced that I was telling the truth.

For some reason (which is obscure to me now) I found enjoyment in fooling my friend. I guess this was just a type of silly prank that schoolboys partake in. However, when I see people falling for these overunity scams, I'm reminded of my boyhood friend, who was no dummy, but just a trusting soul.

For the record, I don't enjoy seeing this type of thing any more. I guess there are people who were like both me and my friend, but chose not to grow up.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
What, he didn’t take my offer?

He’s probably over the hills and far away. Woe…

I’d better bring that Bently back to the dealer.

The entire premise is false. Everything I’ve seen written on this by these people use the no-load voltage and the full load current to calculate the power generated. That simply assumes that the magnetic flux through the disc is constant and that all the losses to the output are in the resistance of the disk (now I’m making assumptions they were even capable of making even remotely accurate measurements).

Hogwash!

The flux will not be constant. It will decrease. Therefore there is no free energy to be had regardless how efficient you make your motor and bearings, how permanent you make your field magnet or how super conducting you make your disk.

I hope these comments guarantee my safety from ‘them’. I know how ‘they’ can be…

Status
Not open for further replies.