What is MySQL server or Database

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I want to solid understanding of Web server, Database and Programming but I am confuse on MySQL I don't understand weather it's server or Database because some place they refer database and in some place they refer Server and I think there is much difference between Server and database.

Apache : Web server is program that host webpages

Java : server side scripting languages execute on the web server

MySQL : Database is used to store information

It will appreciate if anyone can help me to understand the difference. I want to understand how they all Server, Database and scripting language work combine

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
MySQL is a database program (service) that runs on a computer that could be a server for other computer services. SQL (statements can be embedded in other computer languages) is a query language for databases like MySQL.

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
MySQL is a database program (service) that runs on a computer that could be a server for other computer services. SQL (statements can be embedded in other computer languages) is a query language for databases like MySQL.
Thank's a lot @nsaspook

I am trying to understand how they all Apache, MySQL and java work with together. I understand their use individually but i am having problem on how they work together

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Thank's a lot @nsaspook

I am trying to understand how they all Apache, MySQL and java work with together. I understand their use individually but i am having problem on how they work together
A database is just a place to store data in a structured way using addresses (index) much like phone numbers. The information from the database can be variables for any program to compute and use or the data can be program STATE used in a FSM for logical control of a process.

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I am not clear still its batter to go with example. There are two computer's In the first computer I installed MySQL software and I setup Apache server and In in another computer I am sending data to server computer. my data should be store on server computer in MySQL Database. I use java program then what happen how the Database store Data from client computer. I mean how database connected with server and another Computer