What fields are in demand now?

I agree with you, that would be a definite knock against ITT tech. They should be more free with the information requested, it is also to their benefit.

I hope your meeting with the community college goes well. Just don't be afraid to ask them any questions that you have on your mind.

As for online or not, that one is up to how you learn best. I know that I would find an online course pretty difficult. I would rather sit in class because it focuses my attention. On the other hand, it also has to fit in with your schedule. You have to be motivated to do the work either way to get your money's worth out of it.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
I haven't heard many good things about ITT, they sound like a puppymill, Of course that is just my take. I'm not sure if their stuff is accredited or not. Time will tell if the people coming out know their stuff or not.

I think it is just as with everything else, if they are good when they go in they will be good when they come out. We had them both good and bad, and that does not only include people from ITT.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Here's a question for you, stayathome, I'm looking for industry expierence in service/repair, I am willing to work for free (internship type stuff) or in exchange for other services like welding, fabricating or machining. Got any Ideas? How should I present this?

mbohuntr,

Why don't you post that in another thread so everyone will be able to offer their input, that's the nice thing about the forum. There are a lot of people with different experience that can give many points of view.

I think about it tonight and I will think about it and get back to you.

S@HE

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
One thing most members will agee on , It's tough to get past
human resource departments.They look at your whole life
your past, your future potential. Most positions state the minimum
standards.There are no exception,unless you know someone in the
company.That will get you so far,education you have to prove. Too
many companies have been burned by bad application's,and a lot of
good schools have been burned by use of there name in press.

Last edited: