what are these

Asad ahmed1

Joined Feb 10, 2016
Its my exams next week I took a look at the previous paper and i found this section in it can anyone please tell me what i have to study in order to complete this section please help me.

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
This being a homework forum, try showing some effort on your side. You need to find out what that exponential equation is and then solve it.

Asad ahmed1

Joined Feb 10, 2016
it is not a homework problem i dont know anything about it.so tell me what is it so i can study about it and be prepared for the finals.i searched exponential equation but no luck

Asad ahmed1

Joined Feb 10, 2016
so how would i be able to find the time constant and yeh 2 other questions what i have to study which topic what i would write in search engines to find this type of things.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
it is not a homework problem i dont know anything about it.so tell me what is it so i can study about it and be prepared for the finals.i searched exponential equation but no luck
It doesn't matter whether it is an actual, explicit homework problem. In this forum YOU are expected to at least make an honest attempt to solve the problem. We will not spoon feed you solutions just because you claim that it is not an assigned problem.

If you really have absolutely no idea what an exponential equation is or what a time constant is or how they relate to each other, then you need to drop this class and retake the prerequisite course(s).

Asad ahmed1

Joined Feb 10, 2016
ok ill tell you what i know so far we get exponential decay when capacitor or inductor is discharging e^-t/tao in this question they have given us the decay of 70.7 percent when t=0 and we have to find it when its in t=5 second so do can i do this when e^-0tao=70.7 and now e^-5/tao
thats i know so far .

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Read... the... question....

(Find the time constant) (of an exponential function) (which decays to 70.7% (of its initial value at t = 0) in 5 msec).