What are these software programs used for Chip45 Boot2 GUI, AVR Studio 4, MPLAB IDE, WinPic800, Tiny

willwatts

Joined Nov 20, 2014
What are these software programs used for Chip45 Boot2 GUI, AVR Studio 4, MPLAB IDE, WinPic800, Tinyboot loader?

I use Chip 45 Boot2 GUI version 1.12 to program a MAX232 chip
I use AVR stuiod 4 to program a ATXmega256A3U chip
I use MPLAB IDE v8.85 to program a PIC18F25J50
I use WinPic800 V.364 to program a PIC18F4520
I use TinyBoot Loader to program a MAX3845 USQ chip

I'm not programming the code, I'm just flashing a HEX file to them

Since I'm not programming, what am I doing so I can put on my resume? I don't want people to think i'm a programmer. If I say I programmed these chips they think im a programmer, so what can I say?

These Chips need a HEX file, why is that? and a bootloader file

Then these chips can put a firmware file ontop of a bootloader program

Why does each chip use a different software program

They all download or flash the chip either a boot loader file or HEX file

I still don't understand why each chip needs a boot loader file and a HEX file

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
So you want the PS to using the magic as Severus Snape did to make the apple to became to apple juice?
Well I ordered some chinese FLASH writers recently, took me some effort to look up how they are used, what exactly they can do and what softwares they need.

Its not impossible.

The post is trollish- A) the OP claims he doesnt want to be known as programmer in the resumee; B) claims he flashes several kinds of chips but has no clue what it is good for.

Chances are the HR guy has no clue either about flashing chips.

The facts I grow ants and dissolve hard boiled candies and chewy candies in hot tea and observe the spiders in the cobwebs are all very interesting- just not for the HR guy, not at all.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I have some serious advice for young will: Do not pad your resume with things you do not understand, those things you can not extemporaneously discuss for several minutes without referencing a web search engine.

If you do that on an interview with me I politely wrap things up and never call you again.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I have some serious advice for young will: Do not pad your resume with things you do not understand, those things you can not extemporaneously discuss for several minutes without referencing a web search engine.

If you do that on an interview with me I politely wrap things up and never call you again.
Those words was me trying to say yesterday, but it's too tired, so we have the common thoughts, almost like as you are reading my mind ... :)

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
And call my peers and tell them not to bother to interview you.
Oh heck no. I do not want me or my company sued, and making false statements such as this opens the liability door. We had a management training seminar on this very topic last year.

ALL statements as false unless 100% provable to be true, and such proof does not exist in the real world.

I did feel very bad for one company who called for a recommendation of a designer we worked had let go for not only doing very poor work but watching pr0n and pasting it on his screen wallpaper. All I would give the guy was "yes he worked with us, no I do not know the start and end dates." He was begging me for a thumbs up or down but I painfully pointed out I was not authorized to do give such, while internally hoping he would get the point that if I did recommend him I would find a way to express that instead of reaming 100% neutral.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I use Chip 45 Boot2 GUI version 1.12 to program a MAX232 chip
Being a noob, I am very intrigued by this statement. How do you program a chip that IS NOT designed to be programmed in the first place? And if that question is too hard for you, here is another one. How do you program a chip that has no memory to store the program?