What amount of current or voltage cause shock hazard?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
14V at 3A won't hurt you unless you intentionally try to hurt yourself. There was a story circulating about a guy who strapped the terminals of a car battery to each arm then got into a bathtub full of salt water, but who would be so stupid?

If your adapter was really made by Samsung then it is probably fine. There are some cheap adapters that do not have adequate isolation between the power line and the output and those have killed several people in recent years.

Avijit Palit

Joined Jul 19, 2017
14V at 3A won't hurt you unless you intentionally try to hurt yourself. There was a story circulating about a guy who strapped the terminals of a car battery to each arm then got into a bathtub full of salt water, but who would be so stupid?

If your adapter was really made by Samsung then it is probably fine. There are some cheap adapters that do not have adequate isolation between the power line and the output and those have killed several people in recent years.
You mean, if i connect or sort both terminal with my hand then i'll die

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Not likely. I don't mind touching 20 or 30 volts DC unless I'm perspiring heavily or wet because I can't feel it.

Here is something Wikipedia says about it:
In electrical power distribution, the United States 2005 National Electrical Code (NEC) defines low (distribution system) voltage as 0 - 49 volt. Low distribution system voltage is covered by Article 725 of this code.

The NFPA standard 79 article 6.4.1.1 defines distribution protected extra low voltage (PELV) as nominal voltage of 30 Vrms or 60 Vdc ripple free for dry locations and 6 Vrms or 15 Vdc in all other cases.

UL standard 508A article 43 (Table 43.1) defines 0-20 V peak/ 5 A or 20.1-42.4 V peak/ 100 VA as Low-Voltage Limited Energy circuits.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_voltage