web page host on microcontroller system

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
depends on the microcontroller you are using, I had developed an HTTP server based on the PIC32 uC from Microchip, I used their TCP/IP and DHCP libraries to serve the web pages right off of an SD Card...... It is DHCP enabled with a HTTP BSD Server and also able to send out SNMP packets...... I used microchips ENC28J60 Standalone ethernet controller IC for the ethernet interface....

max12

Joined Oct 14, 2011
many thanks for the reply

so u made a microcontroller which can control over web page isn't it
did u use a server ???

max12

Joined Oct 14, 2011
so u made a microcontroller which can control over web page??? i want more information for my final year project.. could you please give me information about it ..thank you

regards.

max12

Joined Oct 14, 2011
ok so ur using micro c ..

why you choose pic 32 .. i 've learned that there are other microcontrollers like pic18f4620 and enc28j60 can use for web server hosting..

regards.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I had chosen that uC because it was a requirement for the contest, it was basically a way for the manufacturer to introduce their line of 32 bit uC's when they first come out.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
via ethernet, since it is a web server that is DHCP enabled, when I plug it into my network, it automatically just connects to it and I access it via its IP address.....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
If you mean the Standalone Ethernet IC, yes, you still have to write code to use it and initialize its functions, Microchip provides the C libraries and sample code for you to use as a template to build your own applications.... I had purchased this finished module off of Ebay so I did not have to make my own PCB for the controller, I just had to make a way for it to connect to the pic32 uC

here is a link to the resources page for the Microchip Pic32 uC, here you will find links to their TCP/IP libraries and other connectivity software >>> http://www.mypic32.com/web/guest/resources

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
k thanks .. if i get this one can i programm it using c# visual studio??
regards
No.

You'll need to use MikroC Mikroelectronica, BoostC from sourceboost, or the more limited (non-paid) versions of Hi-Tech C or CCS.

MikroC and BoostC are very generous with what their "free" versions allow. Though For the webserver, you may run into those limits.

There are also a few PIC18F series webservers as well, which can use any compiler above, in addition to Microchips C18. Here is an example of a complete board for around $50 US. You'd only need to change the code to fit what you would like your webserver to do, that one is set up for many things, mostly remote sensing.

--ETA: You'll also need a PICKit 2 programmer to load the .hex program from your compiler on the PC to the PIC on the board to run the code. I'd suggest getting the $35 PicKit2 from Microchip directly instead of a clone. I'd go so far as to suggest getting the 44 pin demo board w/PICKit 2 package for $50, that way you will have a PIC18F board to program and play around with to get the basics of how it all works down, before trying to tackle a much more complex task. You can't get away without getting a programmer, but it is a one time cost. The PICKit 3 supports more devices, especially on the higher end, but the PICKit 2 also has logic analyzer and UART testing functions which the PICKit 3 lacks.

Last edited: