Watched thread alerts...

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
While hardly a crisis, it seems that only a random ~70% of new posts to watched threads (including my own threads) generate alerts...

Best regards
HP

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi HP,

I have come across this same issue very frequently lately. I think the email alerts are sent out using a time-based function (every 10 minutes, for example) but I could be wrong.

If you're referring to the alerts here on the site, try refreshing your page more frequently. I don't think the red notification number pops up unless you refresh the page.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi HP,

I have come across this same issue very frequently lately. I think the email alerts are sent out using a time-based function (every 10 minutes, for example) but I could be wrong.

If you're referring to the alerts here on the site, try refreshing your page more frequently. I don't think the red notification number pops up unless you refresh the page.
Thanks for your response!
I am referring to on-list alerts -- I've (intentionally) 'opted out' of email alerts...

'Alert events' occurring while I am logged-off or inactive are 'lost' (i.e. neither reported nor listed) during subsequent sessions...

Best regards
HP