Was the forum down?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Has the forum been down for about 8 hours?
Since this morning 8.00 (GMT+2 wdst)(the moment the back up is made) until now I could not reach the forum.
I every time got a waiting time expired message.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Which is pretty unusual for the duration. The admin needs sleep detector was working perfectly though.

I tried to get on last night around 2:00AM CMT, and it was still down around 7:30AM CMT.

Having run a BBS I know how it goes, I've looked decades for that pesky admin out of town and admin is asleep function, but it seems to be a holistic process, not amiable to easy removal.

I don't see any missing chunks, did a simple computer reset fix it?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Yes it has been down, I could not even access the site for a couple of hours this morning.... and I am still experiencing log in issues, after entering my info and click login, it comes up with a 404 error, but only on the main forum page, if I am viewing a post and login there is no issue........ and now it is really slow loading pages....

B. Morse

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You know, I think I am spoiled by this site. I don't know what the MTBF rate is, but it is much better than my power company.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi guys, yup it was probably the longest downtime in a while. Sorry! A combination of script kiddies hacking, things crashing, and me enjoying my sleep too much caused this failure.

Apologies! It should be running smooth now though.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
At least it wasn't like ElectroTech, where they got all the way in. I'd rather have a crash than have some bung hole take over and start trashing files and playing.

I do not blame ElectroTech or this site, those crackers need some quality time with Bubba at a federal prison.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Yeah, the 404 error after login was rather distressing.. I was thinking:

"I guess they finally got tired of me" ;)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What a thought,do we have any Inmates on the Forum.What name
would they use.A few members have checked In from the Library.
Any comments----

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Just noticed that those script kiddies have stolen the little blue cell icon that used to appear to the left of the address bar.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Down again unfortunately this morning. There was scheduled maintenance to move the server to a new location in the data center, and the techs didn't exactly make sure everything was working properly after it was powered back up in it's new location, how nice.

Apologies!

Rob

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I noticed another glitch in the matrix!
If I look at the main page I can see this:

but if I go into Off-Topic the comment by billy isn't there:

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@Markd77:
There is a glitch in the forum software.
This billy is a spammer and his post is deleted, but the indexpage of the off-topic is not changed.
This indexpage will be updated when a new post is made in the off-topic.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
For what its worth, that has always been the case. When a post is removed the last post remains on the index until someone overwrites it.