Was are some easy ways to increase website traffic?

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by greysolive, Feb 10, 2019.

1. greysolive

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I'm looking for some ideas of website promotion. What are your top tips for increasing website traffic?

2. tawm

Feb 8, 2019
    Try social networks or content aggregators, there are highly specialized communities with tons of readers on reddit.com, for example.

greysolive likes this.
  3. BR-549

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 22, 2013
    The main thing would be finding out what terms and conditions the search engines use. And I would assume those terms and conditions change from time to time......so maintenance will be needed.

Search for "how to add or submit to a search engine".

Good luck.

greysolive likes this.
  4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

You post your question on sites that feature website creation and promotion rather than on a forum that specializes in electronic design and repair.

There have to be 1000s maybe millions of articles that discuss this very subject. Why aren't you reading those rather than posting on an electronics forum?

5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    And last bit of advice. Anything easy isn't worth doing.

greysolive likes this.
  6. BR-549

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 22, 2013
    I think the question and the forum are just fine. I just don't have the knowledge for a better answer. Never had a web site. But one should be able to do so and get help here I would think.

greysolive likes this.
  7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Where is your web site hosted? Most, if not all hosting companies offer promotion services.

greysolive likes this.
  8. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Give it a week or so. I expect you will find out uless a mod gets to it first. ;)

9. greysolive

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    thanks for the responses !
    I check all available info right now and I'll try to keep you informed of further developments

10. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

You don't have knowledge and chances are most people don't because that is not our expertise here, so how can posted that question here be "fine"? There are far better sources to learn this information.

Would you post a question on electronics on a cooking forum?

11. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    “Most” is a subjective term and doesn’t mean all. I published my own web page for a while and do have limited experience. I used the technique that I suggested to the TS.

Also, the web authoring tool supplied by my hosting company included an option to specify keywords. This helps search engines find your site. When writing content, be sure to frequently incorporate these terms into content.

12. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

And you will just as easily find an expert in electronics on a cooking forum so what is your point? My point is there are far better resources to spend time exploring.

13. djguru

Feb 10, 2019
    It all depends on the quality of the traffic your looking for. Do you want "fake" traffic or do you want quality traffic? You can buy low quality traffic for as little as $10. If want to get higher quality traffic it's better to apply to professionals to save both time and money. Good SEO strategy can work wonders.

Mod edit: removed commercial link.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  14. BR-549

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 22, 2013
    I think this thread is a valid question and response for this sub forum.