Wall heater thermostat

dily hacky

Joined Sep 28, 2016
Hello all, I'm trying to find a solution for Nobo Creda wall heater. In the uploaded images there are 2 types of thermostats. The one on the left is the new type that goes up to 30 degrees and the one on the right is the old type that goes only up to 24 degrees. What I need help with, is which electronic component on the old thermostat do I have to replace in order to go up to 30 degrees as well. I'm asking because the new type is too expensive. I tried to compare the components on them but they look like having the same values, capacitor, resistor etc.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The good news is that there's a decent chance you can accomplish what you want. The bad news is that it requires understanding enough of that circuit to make the alteration, and that's a chore without a schematic. (You have to trace out the circuit, both sides.) Have you searched for one?

Try read the markings on the IC, or get a good picture of it so we can read it. It's probably a comparator or an op-amp and that's where the on/off decision of the thermostat is made. If we can identify the input pins, the rest of the circuit is less important to trace out.

dily hacky

Joined Sep 28, 2016
For the new type that goes up to 30 degrees the IC markings are:
T118 T2117 24701-01

The IC from the old thermostat:
T314 T2117 37801-01

I tried to search for datasheet, but I couldn't find anything matching. I found some T2117 but the pins on datasheet don't match with the pins on the board, for example the ground on datasheet is pin 7 and the ground on the board is connected to another one.

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Can you trace the voltages on the pins, like how is it connected to the boiler, i can't see any sensor, unless it uses a bead thermistor?

It's possible it maybe a pic.