Waeco CF25 forgets to restart and temperature setting

laura in Afrika

Joined Jun 15, 2021
Hi all, asking for a friend: his waeco cf25 stays off after a power outage, and when manually switched back on it has reset its temperature to 0 degrees. Does anyone know a fix to this, or which board to replace? Does the fridge have a memory anywhere?

Greetings, Laura

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
With Waeco fridges pictures of the control panel & model number & A or B is a help as theres changes in each version. Is it the same as this one VER A. WAECO CF40 VER. A  CONT PANEL.JPGWAECO CF40 VER.A  PCB COMP SIDE.1.JPG

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
This is the circuit of the A version. Ver B is quite diferent & yes theres a memory for temp set. U2 is the memory chip.WAECO CF-40 Ver A..1.jpgWAECO CF-40 Ver A..2.jpg

Last edited:

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Cheapest option is get one of these digital 12V controlers & fit to the fridge, & bypass the original controller. The controller shown are about $20 on ebay.DIG THERMOSTAT WAECO CIRC.jpgDIG THERMOSTAT.jpgDIG THERMOSTAT.2.jpgWAECO ELECTRONIC THERMOSTAT.D.jpgWAECO ELECTRONIC THERMOSTAT.E.jpg

laura in Afrika

Joined Jun 15, 2021
I guess i played and lost... found a replacement in poland that was said to be suitable for cf35,45,......., cf110, so I tried my luck. It just arrived and I just found out that the big connector has 1 extra wire /o:
I probably already damaged it because i could not hold myself back trying the plug in the two ways possible, so one pin not used to the left or to the right. Both ways nothing happened at all.

Attachments

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I assume the board on the right is the original? Did you try replacing the damaged electrolytic cap that i have marked.20210708_110006.jpg