Voltage controlled resistor (jfet) selection

birojanos

Joined Aug 12, 2015
Hi,
I have an old heatpump it has en resistance thermometer. Resistance changes between 16 kOhm and 400 kOhm. Voltage between 0-4 V.
I have inteligent home (Loxone) and 1-wire thempsensors. I will use analog output (0-10V, max 24 mA) to set the temperature i heatpump.
I will ändra resistance with Loxone. Can you hjälp me which digitalpotentiometer may be the best for it? J-fets?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi,
I have an old heatpump it has en resistance thermometer. Resistance changes between 16 kOhm and 400 kOhm. Voltage between 0-4 V.
I have inteligent home (Loxone) and 1-wire thempsensors. I will use analog output (0-10V, max 24 mA) to set the temperature i heatpump.
I will ändra resistance with Loxone. Can you hjälp me which digitalpotentiometer may be the best for it? J-fets?
one of the semiconductor manufacturers offer voltage controlled resistors that are more or less JFETs.

If it wasn't Vishay - i'm out of ideas.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Resistance changes between 16 kOhm and 400 kOhm. Voltage between 0-4 V.
Are you saying that 0-4V appears across that 16-400k resistance, due to a source in the heatpump, or do you have to apply voltage to that resistance from an external source?
What temperature range does the resistance range correspond to?