Vizio M421Vt faulty

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
The best answer for you is too google the model with the problem cause most times these are common issues and will give you the best solution .. Also look for repair kits too..

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
My first guess would be a bad T-con board, but since you also have no audio, probably a bad main board. Also, you will probably get better recommendations at badcap forum.

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Is that from trying to use the tuner? Does it have a bad picture when you first start it up, no signal applied? Will it display a good picture with HDMI or other digital input?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013

Attachments

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys;Update on this Vizio M-421VT Led display, i have made a Utube video,i've got hold of a remote control and was able to set chan-3 and i get sound and the scrambled pic.
sometimes when i plug from the wall it gets the vizio logo blinking then a few pugs in and out from the outlet i can get pic scrambled and sound,
well i would be happy if it was not the screen, no money now for a main board that is being sold for 130 dollars which is out of the question for now,maybe i come across a cheaper a board in the future

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys;Update on Vizio, i've got it Running, i did the BGA chip heating, i don't know for how long,
i applied the same method as the Ps3 YLOD fix tutorial just by heating first bottom side with low heat then with high heat the heat sink , let it cool for an hour then put it together and voila it's running for now,i opened a big hole behind the Main board Heat sink and added 2 small 5 v fans connected to USB.

http://postimg.org/image/w8qemkslz/a87ababc/

http://postimg.org/image/juherh593/2a52fe32/

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
If it gives your more problems, you might consider removing the BGA chip and reballing it with 63/37 balls. That lead-free crap will be the death of us yet. The new "lead free" solder requires too much of a temp for the more fragile components on the board, so manufacturers are cheating on the low side of temp, thus there are a huge amount of cold solder joints out there. Good enough to last for a few months, but fail in the long term.