visual studio

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
hello eveyone
I need help. I am new for visual studio. I have visual studio 2005. I am getting problem. How to create new project. When I click on file . there are only three option
Print topic
Print subtopic
Exit

I don't understand how to create new project ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
When you click on the FILE toolbar item, you should see NEW and, when you click on that, you should see PROJECT. I'm pretty sure that that has been consistent since your version.
If you don't, then perhaps you didn't install it correctly?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I wouldn't presume to know why he is having a problem. I know that corporate versions were tied to individual machines. I tried using my desktop CD on a lab prototype machine and got similar behavior.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I wouldn't presume to know why he is having a problem. I know that corporate versions were tied to individual machines. I tried using my desktop CD on a lab prototype machine and got similar behavior.
Then it wasnt a Visual Studio installation media you maybe confuse it with MSDN. If so, are you serious you really use it? Or do you just install something that has something to do with Visual Studio?

What you have probably isnt a Visual Studio installation media so you didnt actually install Visual Studio.

Isnt that quite obvious from the message you get when you start the installation?

vpoko

Joined Jan 5, 2012
Try going to the Tools menu, Import and Export Settings, and finally Reset All Settings. This should reset the menu.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
I got software from my friend, after that I tried to install I saw set up for MSDN library for visual studio then started to install . Is this visual studio ? or the part of visual studio
what is MSDN library for visual studio ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Then it wasnt a Visual Studio installation media you maybe confuse it with MSDN. If so, are you serious you really use it? Or do you just install something that has something to do with Visual Studio?

What you have probably isnt a Visual Studio installation media so you didnt actually install Visual Studio.

Isnt that quite obvious from the message you get when you start the installation?
It was most definitely not an MSDN distribution. It was a CD in a package that looked like a VHS cassetee box, but with a CD inside. It installed fine on my desktop PC, but not on the the lab prototypre PC which we manufacture.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I got software from my friend, after that I tried to install I saw set up for MSDN library for visual studio then started to install . Is this visual studio ? or the part of visual studio
what is MSDN library for visual studio ?
Why don't you just download the latest version of Visual Studio Express directly from Microsoft?