Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) and Microcontrollers

electronicbasickid

Joined Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

I have a project in which I have to connect my PC to a measurement device thanks to VBA. I would like to use a mcu in order to control a component related to the device. This component is a decoder using the mcu outputs as input signals. These signals changing with time.

I have to control the signals with the code controlling the measurement device. Indeed, they will be changing according to a variable used in this code. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to program a MCU such as a STM32 or a ADuC70 with VBA? And if not, is there any alternative that can help me control the mcu via VBA?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jay.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

I have a project in which I have to connect my PC to a measurement device thanks to VBA. I would like to use a mcu in order to control a component related to the device. This component is a decoder using the mcu outputs as input signals. These signals changing with time.

I have to control the signals with the code controlling the measurement device. Indeed, they will be changing according to a variable used in this code. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to program a MCU such as a STM32 or a ADuC70 with VBA? And if not, is there any alternative that can help me control the mcu via VBA?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jay.
You will have to use something other than VBA to write the code for the MCU but you can use serial communications from VBA to control the MCU.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
didn't I answer this on ETO?? Ah well...

Actually.. This is a slightly different question... Yaakov has answered so I'll not... Needless to say, VBA is basic.. MPU's can be programmed in basic..

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
In this project there are two parts, PC programming and MCU programming.
You need to consider the two parts separately, independent of each other.
Program the PC with whatever SW tool is available and what is most convenient for you.
Do the same with the MCU.
Then figure out how you will wire the MCU to the PC.

We can help you with any of the three tasks.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
And FWIW, polls of programmers consistently place VBA near the bottom of preferred languages. You only use it if there's no other option.