Video Output from Samsung 32" LCD TV

donr

Joined Apr 28, 2009
I had a working 32" TV before my son dropped a weight bench press pole on it and now the LCD screen is in the trash. However I do have a fully functioning main board that is just sitting around.
Is it possible to take the ribbon cable and create some sort of converter to attach the main board to a computer monitor.

This is the second TV my sons have trashed. Before I decide to sell my sons to the lowest bidder. I'd like to try something fun.

Any ideas?

I am no master technician but can build a basic electronic project. All I would need is a schematic part suggestions.

the main board is BN94-07830G. The video ribbon is 30 pin.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Is it possible to take the ribbon cable and create some sort of converter to attach the main board to a computer monitor.
This could be really easy or next to impossible. If you can identify the internal link from the digital tuner to the display electronics, it might be possible to just re-route that video signal to the input of another monitor. But depending on how your broken TV is designed and laid out, tapping into that intermediate video signal might be very difficult. I mean, you're not likely to find an HDMI port that says "video-out" on it.

Personally, I'd sell the mainboard on eBay and move on.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Which is cheaper ?
Your sons or the main board ? :D

What is the model number of the TV ?
It won't be easy to do what you want but may be u can connect the LVDS to a compatible screen.