Video: F-35 Arrives at Eglin AFB, FL

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ3PPl4nkQ&feature=channel_video_title
This just happened Jan 11th; an old buddy of mine sent me the link to the video.
The squadron that my buddy and I served together in years gone by was decommissioned due to BRAC in the 1990's; but they have re-commissioned the use of the name "Warlords" and the call-sign "VM" for use with VMFAT-501; the 1st Lightning training squadron. If you're observant, you'll notice a tiny vertical "V M" on the tail.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see the actual landing. Beenthere would have eaten this up; he was a huge aviation fan like me.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What an awesome piece of equipment. Thanks for posting.

I think I would give just about anything to go for a ride in a state of the art fighter jet. And a carrier launch too.... ! :)

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Carrier launch would be cool...

Providing you don't have to land on it again...

Millions of dollars spent on this aircraft, and the arrester hook is too close to the wheels to catch the cables properly! Great news for our navy which currently has no aircraft for its carriers and which was planning to use these. I'd be interested to see how much it costs to fix the problem?

Still, it's a fine aircraft.:)

Sparky

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The F22 is a much better aircraft, but hellaciously more expensive. I think they build around 57 before discontinuing them.