VERY URGENT HELP ABOUT COMMON-COLLECTOR AMPLIFIER??

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
In common-collector amplifier
I want to ask that
If I place capacitor instead of resistor at the output,will amplification take place??
and if not then why???

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Your question is concerning a common-collector transistor stage. The diagram you have posted is that of a common emitter stage.

Which amplifier configuration is you question about?

hgmjr

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
oh sorry..I want to ask about COMMON-COLLECTOR cofiguration..
I just want to make my question clear..I didnt have a complete look!!!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
another Q is that,
If i have capacitor attached on the collector,what would be the effect on output!!!??
The answer to your question is that there would be no effect on the output.

The output of a common-collector transistor stage is taken from its emitter.

hgmjr

Last edited:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
and Q
If I short-circuit the emitter resistance which is Rload in your figure,what would be the effect on output!!!??
Your question is not crystal clear.

If I understand it correctly, then the output would be grounded and the transistor would probably be destroyed.

hgmjr

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
ok..you have rightly understood my Q and I have got your answer!!!
plz help me out in DIRECT-COUPLED COMMON-EMITTER COMMON-EMITTER (CASCADED AMPLIFIER)???

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
What is your question concerning a direct coupled common-emitter amplifier? Do you have a specific circuit diagram to use to aid in the discussion?

hgmjr

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
actually I have diagram in my book but I dont have scanner to make u see that!!!
It's a simple DIRECT COUPLED CASCADED MULTISTAGE AMPLIFIER in which two COMMON-EMITTER TRANSISTORS are directly coupled!!!
In that case
If I short-circuit the emitter-resistance,what would be the effect on th output voltage waveform??
and the other Q is that
If i connect a capacitor on the collector side in that configuration,will still the amplication take place????

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Without a schematic of the circuit, it is difficult to determine which of the two emitters you are referring to.

hgmjr

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
I have found the circuit in the site's book:
i have just 2 stages not 3...
just add resistance in the emitter side in first transistor as well as second!!!
and then my Q would be clear to u!!!

Attachments