Very interesting device development (video projector, camera, charging, fingerprint sensor allinone)

savaslt

Joined Feb 27, 2016
Hey! I just registred here several moments ago because I am currently working on my own project and I've got a lot of questions on electronics, sensors, gadgets right now because the project requires a lot of knowledge in it but unfortunately I don't have, so I came here. Let's move on the questions.
1. I need to get a pico projector module and install it into a project. In other words, let's imagine that I would like to create a new pico projector, but firstly I need to find the most important element - projector module. Actually I am planning to make a aluminium box (6cm * 6cm * 6cm) and put a video projector and HD wide-angle camera in that box. Maybe all electronics (without battery) couldn't fit inside in that small box but I wanna tell that box is only for the lenses for both projector and camera. All other electronics may be installed into the tube (4cm in radius and 20cm in lenght). So it is an aluminium tube with a small box attached on top for lenses.
So it is kinda device when you are holding it like a selfie stick but you can see videos on the ground and take videos and photos.
On that stick (aluminium tube where should be 2 buttons for activating eather camera or projector) and I could play videos from mobile phone directly on device (wirelessly) or to plug usb drive (to read files:videos, photos, etc) or to charge electronic devices (battery could be installed in the tube).
2. There should be USB port to charge electric devices or to plug USB drive and read files in order to see a movie directly from usb drive.
3. There is a circle plate on that box (whatever I could call it) to place a mobile phone for wireless charging. Under that plate there should be a fingerprint scanner. So in order to turn on the device(project) I should place a finger on the centre of that circle plate.

I would appreaciate very much if someone could help me to get it off the ground and move further. I could give some contacts as skype, etc. to have a conversation about this project :)

I am waiting for your advice and comments.

Have a great day, guys!

Do you know how I can make it?

Attachments

Ujwal Bhagat

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Hey! I just registred here several moments ago because I am currently working on my own project and I've got a lot of questions on electronics, sensors, gadgets right now because the project requires a lot of knowledge in it but unfortunately I don't have, so I came here. Let's move on the questions.
1. I need to get a pico projector module and install it into a project. In other words, let's imagine that I would like to create a new pico projector, but firstly I need to find the most important element - projector module. Actually I am planning to make a aluminium box (6cm * 6cm * 6cm) and put a video projector and HD wide-angle camera in that box. Maybe all electronics (without battery) couldn't fit inside in that small box but I wanna tell that box is only for the lenses for both projector and camera. All other electronics may be installed into the tube (4cm in radius and 20cm in lenght). So it is an aluminium tube with a small box attached on top for lenses.
So it is kinda device when you are holding it like a selfie stick but you can see videos on the ground and take videos and photos.
On that stick (aluminium tube where should be 2 buttons for activating eather camera or projector) and I could play videos from mobile phone directly on device (wirelessly) or to plug usb drive (to read files:videos, photos, etc) or to charge electronic devices (battery could be installed in the tube).
2. There should be USB port to charge electric devices or to plug USB drive and read files in order to see a movie directly from usb drive.
3. There is a circle plate on that box (whatever I could call it) to place a mobile phone for wireless charging. Under that plate there should be a fingerprint scanner. So in order to turn on the device(project) I should place a finger on the centre of that circle plate.

I would appreaciate very much if someone could help me to get it off the ground and move further. I could give some contacts as skype, etc. to have a conversation about this project :)

I am waiting for your advice and comments.

Have a great day, guys!

Do you know how I can make it?
Can you draw a complete picture please?
I'm understanding it a little bit, though a picture would be great.

Ujwal Bhagat

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
the projector will need to be low wattage or you cant power from batteries.
The phone need to be fast and have proper USB port or you dont get full replay speed.

As well with just one pseudo USB port you cant manage more than one device if any at all.

Consider a digital camera with wifi instead or a device which can take a wireless cast. Off the shelf cameras usually dont have zoom optics or any good lens so you get fixed focus all rather blurry or have to adjust a screw.

Some one from chinese electronics supermarket could help you with advice but making it all yourself will be hard. A projector need 200 Watts and gets very hot but its possible to use smaller area

savaslt

Joined Feb 27, 2016
the projector will need to be low wattage or you cant power from batteries.
The phone need to be fast and have proper USB port or you dont get full replay speed.

As well with just one pseudo USB port you cant manage more than one device if any at all.

Consider a digital camera with wifi instead or a device which can take a wireless cast. Off the shelf cameras usually dont have zoom optics or any good lens so you get fixed focus all rather blurry or have to adjust a screw.

Some one from chinese electronics supermarket could help you with advice but making it all yourself will be hard. A projector need 200 Watts and gets very hot but its possible to use smaller area
But do you know where to get video projector module and how I could interact with arduino or someway?
By the way, what is pseudo USB port? So as I understood it won't be possible to charge a gadget using usb port?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
well 1., i do not know if there are projector modules. Not on the mass market or common.

2., i mean its a OTG port often tuned down by the firmware extensions.
It would pop up a requester on the PC, remind you for a lifetime some creepy software is ready to install, and i dont think it supplies power from the phone to device sufficient for charging.

there are PC boxes also android which have full USB
Cheaper phones have just one port prone to damage cables wear out and as said the Android with the extensions prevent usage of USB devices.
Not all but the SONY xperia I have doesnt even recognize SD card reader

Your phone or table may, and it could have more than one port, preferaby fullsize.

But do you know where to get video projector module and how I could interact with arduino or someway?
By the way, what is pseudo USB port? So as I understood it won't be possible to charge a gadget using usb port?
You would need to make your own battery pack. Buy a cheap phone like freedom 251 and make it strem wireless video feed.

well 1., i do not know if there are projector modules. Not on the mass market or common.

2., i mean its a OTG port often tuned down by the firmware extensions.
It would pop up a requester on the PC, remind you for a lifetime some creepy software is ready to install, and i dont think it supplies power from the phone to device sufficient for charging.

there are PC boxes also android which have full USB
Cheaper phones have just one port prone to damage cables wear out and as said the Android with the extensions prevent usage of USB devices.
Not all but the SONY xperia I have doesnt even recognize SD card reader

Your phone or table may, and it could have more than one port, preferaby fullsize.
Yeah you would need to compile a kernel to Make it support your idea

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
by the way projector can be used via HDMI port just you have all on the screen then, if you dont want to roll your own Android application. Its many GB download and you need fast PC to emulate the phone ROM.

Id ask some good chinese seller if he knows of any small portable projector preferably with HDMI port

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Yeah you would need to compile a kernel to Make it support your idea
your answer is unrelated to my post?

What kind of a kernel? Be specific and know what youre talking about.
The firmware isnt usually recompileable while the linux kernel at least in theory would be.

USB extensions lockdowns and video as well wireless devices are very specific to the ROM even could be tied to version.

You need good documentation and insider knowledge from android community might be overshot completely.

Even so normally youd develope an app at best mess with one device driver.

by the way projector can be used via HDMI port just you have all on the screen then, if you dont want to roll your own Android application. Its many GB download and you need fast PC to emulate the phone ROM.

Id ask some good chinese seller if he knows of any small portable projector preferably with HDMI port
I am thinki
your answer is unrelated to my post?

What kind of a kernel? Be specific and know what youre talking about.
The firmware isnt usually recompileable while the linux kernel at least in theory would be.

USB extensions lockdowns and video as well wireless devices are very specific to the ROM even could be tied to version.

You need good documentation and insider knowledge from android community might be overshot completely.

Even so normally youd develope an app at best mess with one device driver.
Was talking about android kernel though.

savaslt

Joined Feb 27, 2016
I don't really understand guys what are you talking about, because I'm not studying electronics or any related subject.
Basically imagine that I would like to make from this pico projector

to this:

So what electronics/modules I should buy separately in order to make similar shape (box style) video projector but plus a camera (near projector lenses). I think that all electronics hardly could fit in that small box, so as I mentioned before that the electronics could be placed in the tube as you probably have seen in the photos.

You guys are talking about PCs, other stuff..