vehicle speed sensor simulator

shqip999

Joined Jun 20, 2017
Ok guys am new to this forum and i really need your help with my project. Am working on a Acura TL car and am changing the gearbox from automatic to manual. The problem am having is tricking the ecu into thinking that the car has the original transmission. the auto gearbox has 2 hall effect sensors (one to measure the counter shaft speed and the other to measure the main shaft speed). Based on these 2 sensors the ecu could detect the gear ratios and calculate the car's speed. The manual gear box has the same 2 sensors but different gear ratios and the ecu detects that and throws a code. "incorrect gear ratio". the main shaft speed sensor gives a signal to the ecu and the counter shaft speed sensor gives a signal as well but at a different time depending on the gear . if i could hook up a scope and get the wave form of these 2 sensors, is there a way i could stimulate these pulsing waves and trick the ecu? Also i only need 1 gear ratio as i could set the range sensor form the automatic transmission into 1st gear and the car would think its into 1st gear all the time. i need these wave form frequency to move with the engine's rpm. The higher the engine revs, the faster the pulsing frequencies would generate and vise versa. Please help me with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
What is the exact ratio you need?

It's a job for a micro-controller.
Depending on how finicky the ECU is, could be tricky, due to the large range of speeds involved.

shqip999

Joined Jun 20, 2017
well i only need a 1 : 1.55 ratio and as long as it covers 7 mph am good. The ecu checks if the car is going above 7 mph and enables its features (full rev limiter, reverse lock up, etc)

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Was a stick shift available for that year/model? If so why not just change the ECU to a stick shift module? Or have yours re-flashed?

shqip999

Joined Jun 20, 2017
Was a stick shift available for that year/model? If so why not just change the ECU to a stick shift module? Or have yours re-flashed?
they did have a coupe version of this car with manual but only made about 3000 cars. those ecu's are hard to find and expensive plus if i go that route i have to change the engine harness