Using to RF sources to power a single motor

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Is this thread related to the other ones you started almost at the same time?

Is there any "magic" idea you are not disclosing, behind them?

Video does not show in my browser.

zemanekj

Joined Jan 31, 2019
Is this thread related to the other ones you started almost at the same time?

Is there any "magic" idea you are not disclosing, behind them?

Video does not show in my browser.
A similar question yes, but the set of questions I made today and yesterday should be it. And no, I'm just trying to understand a lecture one of my professors just gave us.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The Raytheon video was interesting. I was surprised at their efficiency numbers. While not in the microwave realm a much simpler version of the concept is used today in wireless charger systems, along the lines of an air core transformer. This is also what I believe Nickolas Tesla had in mind. If you have a cordless toothbrush with a charging stand that's the idea. When in the charging stand the toothbrush is isolated from the charger as in no wires or wireless charging.

In the video they take a high, very high level of RF energy and direction aim it at a receiving antenna called a rectenna because it converts the received AC signal energy to DC using full wave diode bridges right on the antenna. The RF energy beam is very high power and focused. That was obvious with the lights on the receiver as the transmitted beam was moved horizontally and vertically.

Since we really don't know what the lecture was about it is difficult to explain anything with a focus on the lecture.

Ron

Ron

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Doesn't the turn table in a microwave oven do this?
I don’t think so. Did you forget to add the “;)” emoji? I’ve replaced my share of turntable motors and they’ve all been line powered. I found in researching the replacement, there are some powered by DC, but never found any reference to RF power.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I don’t think so.
I don't have one in mine, but the one in my mother in laws old oven you just took it out to wash/clean it. No wires no plugs and you didn't need to wind it up. So I assumed it was powered by the microwaves themselves. That is why I said what I did.;) (better?):p