User interface

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
I want to build user interface project which is better visual basic or any other, with uControlller cheap in project in cost of money.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Depends on what kind of user interface you are talking about. Getting very fancy with a microcontroller-based implementation can be difficult because you are so resource starved (though this is a lot less true today than not very long ago).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How good are you at user interfaces on a PC?

How good are you at working with microcontrollers?

What kind of user interface are you thinking of? Text-based? Graphical? Touchscreen?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You can't figure out how to use Windows (see computing forum) and you are going to design an OS for micros that is better than vb? How are you going to make that happen exactly?

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You can't figure out how to use Windows (see computing forum) and he is going to design an OS for micros that is better than vb? How are you going to make that happen exactly?
Ah. I read it a bit differently. I thought he was asking which was better, Visual BASIC or some other language, for building a user interface on a micro. But as I reread it I'm not sure what he meant.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I know you want to do it on the cheap, but I find it a lot quicker/easier to use something like the Maple Systems units, they range from simple 1-2 line keyboard/display to touch screen graphics and also PC based systems for any HMI App.
Max.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
One thing I can definitely guarantee -- his skill at English is FAR superior to my skill at Hindi (or whatever his actual native language is). I have to hold in respect, in that regard at least, anyone that can converse in any meaningful way in more than one language.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One thing I can definitely guarantee -- his skill at English is FAR superior to my skill at Hindi . I have to hold in respect, in that regard at least, anyone that can converse in any meaningful way in more than one language.
India is the second largest country by population that has English as an official language.;)
Actually India recognizes 23 official languages.
Max.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
India is the second largest country by population that has English as an official language.;)
Actually India recognizes 23 official languages.
Max.
So are you saying that China has English as an official language (since it is the only country with a larger population than India)? :confused: