Useful / useless electronic components

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Motanache, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hi, Bertus! --Thanks for your insightful reply!:)

FWIW I encountered said devices in Motorola Mocom-70 transceivers (Negative ground) -- Oddly, all other large-signal BJTs in said units are of NPN polarityo_O

Perhaps, as per vehicular polarity conventions suggested in your post, high-power PNPs were more common (and, hence, less costly) back in 'the day'?

Very best regards
    HP:)

2. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    HP You're always joking abt making necklaces with those PNP SOEs to sell at Hamvention like here!:rolleyes: So I say you should make necklace and wear it to Hamvention so @KL7AJ can recogognize you for sure:D BEO ceramic dust on the cleavage could be nasty though:eek:!

3. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Please confine :eek: your puerile :) incessant :p dalliances :cool: to one :eek: thread or to a PM. Such dissemination :eek: should be surreptitious:D. Thank you. :D

Did I work in enough smiley faces to show I am being nice?:D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Aleph(0) and Hypatia's Protege like this.
  4. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    --Emphasis added--

Or, better yet, with the aim of gathering all unadvised, OT rubbish to a single 'tip': the thread linked HERE:D

As regards 're-purposed' 2N6097s? I dunno?... BeO jewelry could be something of a 'public service' by way of 'career advancement' of many a budding barrister:cool:

TTFN

5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

And it took me 10 minutes of using a thesaurus phrasing my post in a manner that you would appreciate. ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Aleph(0) and Hypatia's Protege like this.
  6. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Indeed! I got a charge out of your reply to @Aleph(0) 's post:cool:

FWIW 'Unadvised OT rubbish' was with reference to politics and the likes of some of Aleph's posts (e.g. post #82 on this thread:rolleyes:):)

Very best regards