Use CJMCU-3108 Circuit with Thermoelectric Generator/Cooler (TEC1-12706)

Indrajit Maheshwari

Joined Sep 19, 2018
Does any one knows how to use CJMCU-3108 Circuit with Thermoelectric Generator/Cooler (TEC1-12706) ?

I am working on a project where I need to boost up the input of 20mv to 40mv upto 3.3v using the CJMCU-3108 which is based on the LTC3108-1 circuit. So can anyone help me in this problem as I am new to this field.

I have attached the picture of the circuit board.

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

What information was provided with the CJMCU-3108?
In order to boost the input voltage you will need a step-up transformer, typically 1:100 ratio. I don't see one on the board.

Read the LTC3108 datasheet.

Indrajit Maheshwari

Joined Sep 19, 2018
@MrChips ,

Sir I didn't receive any information about the CJMCU-3108 board.

I had reviewed the LTC3108 datasheet but from there I didn't understand that much as by comparing it with the CJMCU-3108 board.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is possible that the board was delivered to be used without a transformer. You will have to trace the board and reverse engineer it to find what connections need to be made or cut to use it with a transformer.

mbs015703

Joined Nov 30, 2018
Hi there, I am a GCSE Year 11 Product Design student, it sounds like me and ‘indrajit’ are working on similar projects. I am also trying to use a CJMCU-3108 board to step up a voltage of around 0.15v produced by the temperature differential across 3x Peltier tiles (TEC1-12706) wired in series, to 3.3v. Everywhere I am reading, the specifications seem to promise this possible. Using the information on the LTC3108 chip data sheet, I concluded a 1:20 transformer would be most appropriate. Following this, I managed to source one and install it.

With lots of research I have now managed to get this far but have come to a standstill, rather annoyingly because I believe I now have all the components needed, it’s just the case of connecting them properly. I have a wiring diagram for the LTC3108, that supposedly shows you how all the components should be connected but I am struggling to translate this to what I need to connect where with the LTC3108 contained within the CJMCU-3108. I have attached this diagram and the board. Please could someone advise or suggest any way in which I can progress please?

Thanks In advance,
Luke Thomas.
0A9DD3CB-348D-4719-91F5-3D7FED4BFDB9.jpeg image.jpg
image.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What you need is the data sheet and application documents for the evaluation board. If that came from a reputable source then you should be able to get one. But if it came from a source like the boards that O got a while back then you are out of luck, as I have been. Not one scrap of data about anything about the boards.

Does any one knows how to use CJMCU-3108 Circuit with Thermoelectric Generator/Cooler (TEC1-12706) ?

I am working on a project where I need to boost up the input of 20mv to 40mv upto 3.3v using the CJMCU-3108 which is based on the LTC3108-1 circuit. So can anyone help me in this problem as I am new to this field.

I have attached the picture of the circuit board.
Hi Indrajit, did you complete your project with CMJCU-3108 circuit with TEC-12706. If you did please help me out mail me on aankitkumargupta@gmail.com

Hi there, I am a GCSE Year 11 Product Design student, it sounds like me and ‘indrajit’ are working on similar projects. I am also trying to use a CJMCU-3108 board to step up a voltage of around 0.15v produced by the temperature differential across 3x Peltier tiles (TEC1-12706) wired in series, to 3.3v. Everywhere I am reading, the specifications seem to promise this possible. Using the information on the LTC3108 chip data sheet, I concluded a 1:20 transformer would be most appropriate. Following this, I managed to source one and install it.

With lots of research I have now managed to get this far but have come to a standstill, rather annoyingly because I believe I now have all the components needed, it’s just the case of connecting them properly. I have a wiring diagram for the LTC3108, that supposedly shows you how all the components should be connected but I am struggling to translate this to what I need to connect where with the LTC3108 contained within the CJMCU-3108. I have attached this diagram and the board. Please could someone advise or suggest any way in which I can progress please?

Thanks In advance,
Luke Thomas.
View attachment 164729 View attachment 164728
View attachment 164731
Hi
, did you complete your project with CMJCU-3108 circuit with TEC-12706. If you did please help me out mail me on [Email address was deleted, because it could bring the Spambots to our forum]

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What I forgot to mention is that before spending any time going any farther, you need to investigate the power available from those Peltier modules and compare that to the power required for your application. If the power is not adequate then there is no point in proceeding with the project.