USB Switch and question for Wayneh

rsfoto

Joined May 14, 2013
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Just got an e-mail from my friend. He tested the switches in his Observatory and all went well.

No interference in his images from his high speed cameras :D

Now I can get into production :rolleyes:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Now I can get into production :rolleyes:
Very nice, thanks for reporting.

On building, I've usually found that I regret building any more than absolutely required at the moment. This is because I learn as I go and I inevitably think of improvements of one type or another and cannot justify fixing any units already completed. Just my 2¢.

rsfoto

Joined May 14, 2013
Very nice, thanks for reporting.

On building, I've usually found that I regret building any more than absolutely required at the moment. This is because I learn as I go and I inevitably think of improvements of one type or another and cannot justify fixing any units already completed. Just my 2¢.
Hi Wayneh,

I was just joking with that of going into production.

We are a bunch of Astronomers here in Mexico and I think I will not need to make more then a handfull fo these switches :D

I agree with making PCB boards in huge quentities and then you find a better way for positioning the devices and possibly make it smaller.

Look at the attachment 4 connectors with the possibility to even make it narrower by just positioning the APM3095P MOSFET vertically.

Also I guess the traces look cleaner now then the first ones I made.

Another improvement can be to use a TLP521-4 optocoupler or any other one. As I haVe many spare single TLP521-1 I made it like that. Now if a friend just want 1 switch I can split that up into single small ones using the preperforated phenolic plates with copper holes.

Attachments

Last edited: