USB Pendrive WriteProtect

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
how to write protect a usb pen drive by modifying circuit of pen drive ?
please give some general ideas i don't have circuit diagram and Flash chip details of pen drive but give general information.

Thanks,

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
I need the write protected pen drive in situations where it need to repair a infected computer and not get infect itself while doing repair or any other task with infected PC. thanks .

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I need the write protected pen drive in situations where it need to repair a infected computer and not get infect itself while doing repair or any other task with infected PC. thanks .
Then those links I posted will take care of that without the physical circuit modifications.. have fun virus hunting

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the link I have contacted to seller.but can any one have knowledge how to do it by modifying the circuitry of the PENDRIVE? if that costs high I can make one from my old drive thanks.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Thanks for the link I have contacted to seller.but can any one have knowledge how to do it by modifying the circuitry of the PENDRIVE? if that costs high I can make one from my old drive thanks.
why? its just a registry tweak or a free program and done. no costs involved at all..no sellers

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
and weird.. when searching for a flash memory IC with a physical hardware write protect pin I came across a post on another board where you asked this same question last year.. funny this is a post about "memory"

But like they told you before.. If your memory IC or controller IC has a physical write protect pin you typically just pull it low to enable hardware write protection. If it doesn't its gotta be done in software.