URGENT HELP!!!!!! PORTABLE LED LIGHT!!

poopooandy

Joined Nov 27, 2015
Hello, everyone!!
I am a product design student, have no background of electrical knowledge, and i am very willing to learn from you guys.
I am currently making a small project of a portable light.
It has two separate parts.

(Please see the attachment PDF)
Object A is the lighting part which contains a small circuit board, 2 LED lights, a very small lithium rechargeable battery and a USB plug. It could easily plug into the computer to recharge it.
Object B is basically a handle, it is using for carry the light around. It has a switch and a USB socket. There is no additional power source inside.

QUESTIONS!!!
1. Is it possible that I use the switch to control ON/OFF from the Object B when Object A is plugging in the Object B?
2. What components should I get to build a circuit board to make it works?
3. Does it require some computer programming to make the switch works?
4. If the case is to complicated to work out, is there any other suggestion for easy solutions?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wait every one stop what they are doing poopoosandy has an URGENT REQUEST!!!! :rolleyes:

1. No idea what this question means.

2. That is going to be up to your design. There are millions of possibilities.

3. If you are communicating with USB then yes most likely it will require prog3. 3. ramming.

4. Complicated will be up to you.

poopooandy

Joined Nov 27, 2015
Wait every one stop what they are doing poopoosandy has an URGENT REQUEST!!!! :rolleyes:

1. No idea what this question means.

2. That is going to be up to your design. There are millions of possibilities.

3. If you are communicating with USB then yes most likely it will require prog3. 3. ramming.

4. Complicated will be up to you.
Does the Object B need additional power source to run the switch for USB??

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Won't work. The switch cannot be in Object B and still allow you simple switching of the power on and off to light the LEDs.

I can think of a couple ways to do it, but they are not simple. Object A could be configured to identify a short of its power pins, and to light the LEDs in response. The switch in Object B could then be used to short the power pins, or not.

Another approach is to use the data lines. You could configure the switch in Object B to put defined voltages onto the data pins. Object A could then respond to this and light the LEDs.

Either solution could be done with a comparator circuit and a transistor, but I'm guessing this is more complicated than you wanted.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The most complex part of the thing will probably be the charging circuit for the battery. Lithium batteries are hazardous unless charged properly. You can't just stick 5V from a USB port across the battery.