Upcoming Software Upgrade & Design Update

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all,

We've been very working hard over the last number of months preparing for an upgrade to AAC. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that in the next few days we'll be pushing the update live. We are upgrading to the latest Xenforo 2.1 version, which brings with it modern browser+mobile support (no more Flash file uploads!) It's an inevitable upgrade, and I'm looking forward to it finally going live.

We'll also be pushing an updated AAC design for both the main site and the forum. For those still using the legacy blue theme - that theme is no longer supported in XenForo 2.1, but I have found a very similar one that will be included. After the upgrade, your account will default to the new AAC design and you will need to change it to 'AAC Classic' within your account settings.

I'll need to put the forum into read-only when we are ready to transition. It will take a number of hours to upgrade Xenforo, so my plan is to do this late night EDT while traffic has slowed.

I'll be sure to update this thread once the transition begins.

Thanks!

Rob

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi all,

We've been very working hard over the last number of months preparing for an upgrade to AAC. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that in the next few days we'll be pushing the update live. We are upgrading to the latest Xenforo 2.1 version, which brings with it modern browser+mobile support (no more Flash file uploads!) It's an inevitable upgrade, and I'm looking forward to it finally going live.

We'll also be pushing an updated AAC design for both the main site and the forum. For those still using the legacy blue theme - that theme is no longer supported in XenForo 2.1, but I have found a very similar one that will be included. After the upgrade, your account will default to the new AAC design and you will need to change it to 'AAC Classic' within your account settings.

I'll need to put the forum into read-only when we are ready to transition. It will take a number of hours to upgrade Xenforo, so my plan is to do this late night EDT while traffic has slowed.

I'll be sure to update this thread once the transition begins.

Thanks!

Rob
Will XenForo resolve issues in the Orange scheme that work in the blue scheme? I can’t remember specifics - sorry, I know that’s important - but during the last transition, I had many problems with orange so I stayed with blue. Now that is not being supported I’m concerned that the site may not work for me.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Will XenForo resolve issues in the Orange scheme that work in the blue scheme? I can’t remember specifics - sorry, I know that’s important - but during the last transition, I had many problems with orange so I stayed with blue. Now that is not being supported I’m concerned that the site may not work for me.
I hope so. Feel free to PM me any specifics that you can recall.

I am one, I suspect of many, that preferred the legacy Blue format.
Maybe set up a poll.
Max.
No need for a poll. ~50 users use the old blue theme - Which is why there will be a very similar theme to continue to accommodate these users.

Cheers,

Rob

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I'm outta here if I'm forced to run an orange screen -- or a "modern" interface.
Not sure if my post was not clear enough (and if not, my apologies).

For those still using the legacy blue theme - that theme is no longer supported in XenForo 2.1, but I have found a very similar one that will be included

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all - Just a heads-up that the forum will be going into Read-Only mode around 8PM EDT for the migration to the new updates. This could take a number of hours, as the forum is quite large, and there's a number of steps to make a smooth transition. Will keep everyone updated if there are any issues and things are taking longer than expected.

You will likely be logged out when the switch is finally made, and will need to log in again (and if you use the old theme, you will need to switch to that in your preferences).

Thanks!

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Welp...I failed :\ There was a major issue that wasn't in staging but was happening on our new production server. My apologies again about the posting downtime -- I'm pretty embarrassed and...exhausted right now.

We'll try again Friday night.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
On a bad string of luck here...Power just went out at my office a third of the way through the migration (tethering from my phone), so we're pulling the launch until Sunday evening. Time for a beer.