Unknown Parts need to identify

David Chan 1

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Hello Guys,
I was asked to go through a vintage stock of electronic components and I came across these that look like a bridge rectifier . The brand is from a manufacturer called ORIGIN. the only markings I found were the letters MB, a number on the side 81 and to colored dots on top one dot is black and the other is either blue or green. Any Idea on these parts ?and maybe a way to get the datasheet?unknwn parts.jpg

Thanks
David

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

I can't make out any details on the parts. A bridge rectifier would have a +, -, and ~ markings.
1597025982877.png

If they're bridge rectifiers, you can use a diode checker to verify.

David Chan 1

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Hello dl324,
as mentioned before it does not have any markings to show it is a diode rectifier. I took another picture to have a better look at the only markings on it.
unknown part 2.jpg

Regards
David

David Chan 1

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Good Day Guys,
I made the tests with a digital voltmeter. First a test on the diode position then a test on resistance. the results are depicted on the following picture.

unknown parts.jpg

Still looks unknown, between the pins 1 and 4 it reads as if we would be measuring between a base and emitter of a BJT Transistor.

Hope it helps to clarify and bring out ideas.
Thanks
David

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You have not show the reading with the red probe on 4 and the black probe on 3. If you do this test and get a reading of about 0.497 volts then it looks like it is a bridge rectifier with the AC input on pins 2 and 3. Pin 1 is the + output and 4 is the - output. The 0.887 volt reading will be two groups of two diodes in series in parallel. If you do not get a reading between pins 4 and 3 then I think it just contains three diodes as in your 4th picture.

Les.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Might be a vintage optocoupler of some type, but couldn't find anything in a search that matched that case style in opto couplers, bridge rectifiers or transistors. Hmmmm.:rolleyes:
Steve G

David Chan 1

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Thank you very much guys apparently it is a diode bridge as can be seen on the last test. with pin 3 and 4 AC inputs and 1 & 2 dc outputs. The only mystery now is the little dots that are on top. some are black and blue and others are black and green. I would want to believe they are amperage ratings.

origin unknown part solved.jpg

Best Regards
David

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Not quite right for a bridge. What you have shown is not a bridge rectifier.
Check your readings again.

The diode between 2 and 4 needs to be turned around.
AC is on 2 and 3.
1 is +ve
4 is -ve

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I agree with MrChips. In the fourth picture in post #5 you show your diode test between pin 2 and pin 4 but you have drawn the diode the wrong way round. I had made this assumption in post #6 bu forgot to mention it.

Les.

Last edited: