Unidentified semicondutor in BionAire Tower Fan

cstroh

Joined Jan 16, 2019
The component looks like a single typical transistor with 3 leads but all tests fail to identify the component. It might be a failed transistor but there are 4 of them present in the circuit and the fan still worked but shuts down when not expected. Identification information on the element consists of Z0607, (Manufacturer symbol?)MA, W337. NTE cross reference fails. Any ideas?

The components of interest are in the upper right corner of the picture showing all components. The one spot at the very edge of the upper right is where the component I removed to get the markings and has not yet been replaced. The other three shown are just like it.

Attachments

Last edited:

cstroh

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I edited my first post above with pictures and an additional comment. This is an AC fan. One more piece of information, if we label the leads 1,2,3 as with a transistor, a diode check with a multimeter shows 0.6 volts in either direction say with leads 1 and 2 while all other combinations show OL. This could just be an indication of a bad transistor but all 4 of the components show the same thing.

Last edited: