Unidentifiable Inductor in Circuit

Thread Starter

Anna Swinemar

Joined Oct 31, 2017

I am trying to repair a power supply board that has obviously received a power surge and caused significant damage. (120V in)

I have been able to identify the parts effected except one. In the attached picture it shows "L1". I know this means an inductor coil but in my years of doing electronics, I have not come across one like this. The bits that are left seem to be glass.

Has anyone seen this type of inductor before? If so, is there a specific name? I can't seem to find much on the internet.

Thank you so much in advance,