understanding the Ground terminals in LA440 amplifier circuit

adhith

Joined May 29, 2017
hello everyone
I have made an amplifier circuit based on LA4440 IC according to the datasheet sample circuit. In my circuit I haven't made separate terminals for audio ground & the negative power supply terminal and the circuit works fine. I just want to know that is this the right thing to do, also I couldn't understand which one is the negative voltage supply & ground terminal by looking at the equivalent circuit block diagram from the datasheet. so could anyone help me out?? circuit diagram & equivalent block diagram is attached with the post.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I think the ground lines are a bit thin.
As Max said, did you see the PCB drawing in the datasheet?

LA4440_example_circuit_and _PCB.png

Bertus

adhith

Joined May 29, 2017
Thank you friends for the help. I'll try to follow the PCB layout as close as possible.
Also do I need a input capacitor & resistor for both the left & right in audio input channel like the one I marked in the picture ??

Attachments

Last edited:
The RC input filter is basically a low pass filter, so it can help with ground loops. The resistor provides a place for the bias current to go.

The AMP isn;t the greatest thing in the world. Capacitive coupling to the speakers went out of favor decades ago.

The important part about grounds is to avoid loops and to keep the functionality separated and then tied together at one point.