UL certified LED bulb

Jean82

Joined Jun 12, 2023
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Where can I find an LED light bulb, which has an UL certificate?
I need something like this, just must not be dimmable:
<https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-es-mini-globe-led-light-bulb-470lm-4-2w-3-pack/284pp>

E27 or E26 base, 230V, 3-4W, 2700K, must not be dimmable. Color temperature is not the most critical parameter.
We build it into one of our products, which will be exported into the USA. Therefore, UL certificate is a must.
Yes, we need 230V voltage, it's not a mistake.
We don't need any speciality, like WiFi control, color rendering or something. Just a simple LED light bulb, with UL certificate. (In case we can purchase it here in Europe, that's an ideal solution)
Thank You in advance for any help.

Jean82

Joined Jun 12, 2023
It seems, I could finally find some. AEOTEC, Westinghouse, SATCO, TCP and Keystone are good candidates. I will examine them further.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I have a car with a throttle body. I can drive it at full power OR I can drive it (dim it) at lower speeds. Just because it's "Dimmable" doesn't mean it has to be dimmed at any point. I concur; why the requirement for not dimmable?

Jean82

Joined Jun 12, 2023
Not dimmable is not a must. I wrote it wrong. We just try to keep the cost low, and we thought it is a saving point.
This bulb has a very simple function: when our instrument operates, it must be light, when doesn't operate, it must be dark. That's it, a simple on-off operation.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If you are using any electronic means for switching the bulb power, anything other than a hard mechanical contact, I recommend using a dimmable bulb to avoid problems. Most electronic switching schemes produce a bit of distortion in the power and a non-dimmable bulb may malfunction as a result. This is based on experience and observation.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Any bulb sold in the US "should" be UL Approved. Not necessarily stamped on the bulb but on its packaging. Bought mail-order from outside the US may not be. Some can be CE, EU or sometimes EN approval stamped for European Approval.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Please understand that UL approval means that the product is not likely to start fires. A good thing to have for a product, but not a sign of much else.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
So it seems that the light will be an indicator light, or is lighting apart of the product function? If the light is controlled by a physical contact than any kind can work, but if the light is controlled by an active component then I suggest you need a dimable type of bulb. That waveform distortion can really disrupt some non-dimmable lights

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Here's one for $13.32 (US) each ($133.15 pack of 10)
It's 4W (40W equivalent). No bells, whistles or fireworks, just a bulb that lights up when powered.

Specs:
  • Box contents: 10 x E27 LED bulb, 4 W, 220-240 V, warm white, 2700 K, 100% mercury-free – the best in quality. OSRAM

Jean82

Joined Jun 12, 2023
Gentlemen,

thank You for all the effort to help me. Finally - and hopefully - I could manage to find a suitable bulb by bulbamerica.com.
SATCO S28914 is the candidate, I hope it will arrive.
Cost is $7 pro piece, plus $46 for delivery. Well, Europe is far-far away ;-)
I have to be happy because I could find something.
By the way, some other companies in the US are really complicated.